Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

My climate control and radio are acting funny?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah mine has been doing it for a while, mine stays on 60 blows auto on high. At least I can control the radio with the steering wheel. I just give it a good slap and it is all better so I'm thinking it is a lose connection.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:32 AM
mine stopped working correctly over a month ago. Every once in a while the panel controls would go dead but the head unit would continue working but only controlled via the steering wheel. Eventually the radio stopped working together and the AC doesn't seem to be on but the blower is blowing warm air. I had to pull the fuse for the blower so it wouldn't continue to blow warm air all the time.

I took the car to the dealership knowing there is a service campaign for this problem. The car is out of warranty and this problem was already fixed once so Infiniti won't cover the repair again.

Now I either buy a used replacement circuitboard from this forum for under $200 or go the aftermarket stereo route and buy the Metra kit for $150 or so plus the cost of a HU but the finisher doesn't come in black and I'd either have to paint it or live with it. I could also get the black JDM finisher but that's $430 plus a HU.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:23 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
hey man, did this work, cuz the same issue is occurin in my 03 now, thts not covered under warranty any longer. if i replace the factory radio with an aftermarket, will this cure the problem and allow my climate controls to work??...i really dont want to pay the dealer to fix this since the car is out of warranty, and since i was plannin on changin the radio in a month anyhow....

Old 09-11-2008, 04:15 AM
Originally Posted by leoverte
hey man, did this work, cuz the same issue is occurin in my 03 now, thts not covered under warranty any longer. if i replace the factory radio with an aftermarket, will this cure the problem and allow my climate controls to work??...i really dont want to pay the dealer to fix this since the car is out of warranty, and since i was plannin on changin the radio in a month anyhow....
my car's AC and HU was acting funny also back then.. my cd changer even quit workin completely.. it had a cd error permanently displayed on the stock HU/6 disc changer...i think the dealer wanted about $800+ to fix mine

but i bought the metra double din kit w/ climate controls and put in a pioneer premier single-din HU with direct ipod control (ipod controlled from the HU)... and that cured everything.. i paid maybe $375 including install.. waaaaay cheaper than going factory... i have no regrets whatsoever.. and i really love it!

i even had my aftermarket amp's RCAs running through some PAC adaptors before.. now they're running directly from the premier HU to the amp... no more PAC adpators... waaaaay cleaner sound!... now i can also have thousands and thousands of songs controlled directly from the HU, my HU also can display the artist, album and song, and it can even play your playlists you set up from itunes... and my AC and Dual Climate work flawlessly

here's a pic... you can see my ipod plugged in below it.. and i control the ipod through my HU without ever have to pull my ipod out... way way better than my previous in-dash 6 disc changer

Attached Thumbnails My climate control and radio are acting funny?-dsc00030.jpg  

Last edited by Nismoboy; 09-11-2008 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
thks boy for the info man, i already have been talking to xray, and he basically told me the same thing. i am pretty sure that i am going the aftermarket route and just getting the metra kit, and a new radio....prob something with bluetooth, nav, and maybe an aux input of some sort to see if i can hook up my instinct phone to it...oh well kinda pissed, didnt want to do this yet, since i just got in my CARBON FIBER VEILSIDE version1 lip kit....ERRRRR. No i gotta waste more bank, was tryin to repaint bumpers and put the lip kit on, now this...grrreeeaaat...

Old 09-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
FYI:

when this happens (circuit board shorted out), the radio drains your battery. so watch out for a dead battery if you decide to leave it shorted out.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:47 PM
What fuse(s) do I need to pull to cut the a/c? I don't want it running all the time as I'm getting this same issue. Are there others I should remove in the meantime as well? Until I get a replacement oem stereo, or go to a DD unit.
Thanks!

Old 10-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by SmoothieG35
What fuse(s) do I need to pull to cut the a/c? I don't want it running all the time as I'm getting this same issue. Are there others I should remove in the meantime as well? Until I get a replacement oem stereo, or go to a DD unit.
Thanks!
well the fuse panel is near your left foot when your sitting in the car.. right next to the foot rest

the panel has a diagram on it so you'll know which one to pull.. plus.. theirs a plastic fuse puller thingy down there too.. use that to pull your fuse..

but i'm not sure pullin the fuse will only cut off the ac. it might cut off other things as well... not sure.. guess you gotta just try it lol

Old 10-13-2008, 02:55 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
disconnecting the a/c display will disable the auto a/c

Old 10-17-2008, 03:08 PM
My car has exactly the same problem. It seems the issue could be either circuit board or CD/Radio/AC unit(it's like a deck), the dealer asked me to change the CD/Radio/AC unit(produced by Clarion?) but the mechanical guy who i know asked me to change the circuit board. I don't know who's right since my car is out of warranty and it's pretty costly(the circuit board is more expensive), it's important to get the right unit replaced. Could anyone who has fixed the problem give me some suggestions. Thank you very much.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:28 PM
I had the same problem. 135k miles so warranty is not valid, but there was a recall issue depending on what your VIN# is. Unfortunately mine wasnt in that range. http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...dio-thermostat

Cut & paste the link above to see if your vehicle falls within this range. It cost me $400 to have them pull it out & re-build both the head unit & circuit board. He said its either that or u can spend $1500 on a new circuit board or $500 for a refurbished head-unit. this was the most cost effective way & to assure that they fixed both problems at the same time. Where the cd player never worked before, it now does. I still thnk my issue should've been covered as well, but whatever!!! They should correct any & all issues that are caused by the electrical problem. On a brighter note, they put me in an '09 G37 sedan for a loaner. Three words FAST FAST FAST!!!