Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Ipod Integration issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ipod Integration issues?

I bought the same integration kit from the neighborhood Nissan dealer that is sold on everythingg35.com. It works great....most of the time.

My issue is that if I'm on a road trip over 4 hours, the thing stops working. I've tried pulling over and letting my car sit for a few minutes, turned completely off. Turns out that the only way to 'reset' the thing is to leave the thing overnight and then it works fine again.

Anyone else have this issue? What could be the problem? I'm kind of at my wit's end here...

I initially thought it could be the attachment of the Ipod integration box to the BOSE amp (since I thought that amp would get warm while being used), so I moved it as far away as I could...no dice!

Any insight would be great! Thanks!

Old 03-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Sorry you have the problem. I saw this post and actually have a question for you. Is your car an 07/08 sedan with the Bose premium (Studio On Wheels)? Mine is and I can't find the SAT Harness in the trunk. If so, where did you find the SAT Harness. I have removed all the trunk liner panels. I was following the instructions from another post but then realized his is for the Non-Bose premium (Studio On Wheels) so his Sat Harness is somewhere different than mine.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:53 AM
My ride is a 2004.5 coupe. I'm prewired and everything with the Bose system in the trunk. Like I said, everything works great, as long as I don't take a long road trip...very strange for sure.

I'm not sure about the 07/08 wiring. Good luck with your issue, though.

Anyone else with any ideas?!?

Old 04-01-2008, 05:34 PM
bump!

Old 04-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you disconnect it and play with the ipod itself? I have my gateway strapped to the bracket of the amp and it's played fine for 8+ hours at a time.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:45 PM
By disconnecting the Ipod, do you mean disconnecting it from the cord that comes out of the box when this occurs?

If you are, yes, I believe that I've tried that...several times. I think that I even tried to reset the Ipod by doing the soft reset procedure. (Holding the middle button and the menu button down for a period of time.)

If I disconnect the Ipod when this happens, the Ipod seems to function normally.

(I did buy all the parts (insisted on same part numbers) as listed in the Factory Ipod Integration thread.)

Anything I'm missing here??

Old 04-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iceman6453
By disconnecting the Ipod, do you mean disconnecting it from the cord that comes out of the box when this occurs?

If you are, yes, I believe that I've tried that...several times. I think that I even tried to reset the Ipod by doing the soft reset procedure. (Holding the middle button and the menu button down for a period of time.)

If I disconnect the Ipod when this happens, the Ipod seems to function normally.

(I did buy all the parts (insisted on same part numbers) as listed in the Factory Ipod Integration thread.)

Anything I'm missing here??
I'm sorry I do not have any help for your issue because I am thinking about buying this soon. I was wondering what parts I would need for an '07 coupe with the satellite radio (although I don't care about satellite radio). Also, outside of your issue, how do you like the attachment?

Anybody else with reviews, please let me know!

B