Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

HELP needed bad!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP needed bad!

whats up guys, I ran into a major problem!
I'm installing an Avic Z-2 and no mater what I do i can't get the radio to go in
it seems like it's hitting against some wires , I've shortend them, wrapped them,tucked them down low, but the problem seems to be the the big factory wire harnes on the left side of the radio?, anyone have any ideas what could be wrong , or what i should try
i'm in boston MA, my car is not drivable at the moment to many things unhooked, and stripped, so i can't take to a audio shop,
thanks for the help!!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
oh yeah, definitely crowded back there.

I found this one spot to pull some of the wires to, or if you have bluetooth, modules, PAC, etc...you can actually place them in that one spot right behind the lower compartment right next to the emergency/flasher button.

Best thing to do is try to wrap all the wires neatly, maybe some wire looms, or wire tires but you don't want to wrap them up in on big chunk or else it won't flex or bend when you try to slide the radio in. Definitely utilize that space I've mentioned. Good luck

Last edited by Deezflip; 03-31-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuck 'n push!

Try to tuck them in below the stereo. I just had to force mine in.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah it's a PITA to get the head units in plushly especially if you have the steering wheel modul and other stuff back there. Mine took a good minute because I now have the Alpine IVA-D200 and I brought the module to bypass the lockout and had to find a place to tuck the box as well. But like G-4Me said bro tuck and push. Good luck!