G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-20/)
-   -   No display, wierd behavior Radio and AC (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/212414-no-display-wierd-behavior-radio-ac.html)

G35OP 08-17-2009 05:52 PM

I tried putting a tape in and have not had the problem occur since then. The tape/or tape converter from a MP3 player has been in for about 2 weeks. :)

Maximus_ 09-15-2009 11:34 PM

which thing are you referring to on the bottom right side.. can you post pictures to indicate what it is?

anyone else any luck with what polishguy123 is proposing?

Originally Posted by polishguy123 (Post 4432157)
I kno exactly how to fix your problem!!! I me and my brother in law found the solution by accident!!! Il take a pic if need be. So we were taking the radio out to install my pxamg ipod kit in by g35 coupe 2005. When we put the radio back in I had the same problem as you. Naturally I freaked out. But my brother in law who is a genius found out that this little thing thats VERY VERY VERRRRY senstive when moved easily falls out of place turns off the WHOLE radio and ac controls and the ac goes crazy sometimes. So you can try punching the RIGHT BOTTOM side of your radio or if you really want take the whole radio out and look at the bottom right side of it and youll see this little thing that if you wiggle it a little it should go back the way its supposed too. It then fixes everything and BAM! u save 1000 dollars cuz the dealerships stupid and "didnt know" about this tiny little thing that when moved a tiny bit makes your radio and ac go haywire. Hope this helps everyone. If possible please make this a sticky so no one else makes the mistake of paying a lot of money to fix a relatively small issue to fix.

Mo's Tre' 5 09-15-2009 11:39 PM

pics plz!...mines been like this for 3 months!

polishguy123 09-17-2009 12:23 AM

Im telling you guys i dont have pics sorry but that is the solution! that little thing that we wiggled which probably popped it back in place somehow controls the radio and ac. once back in everything became normal again.

docbong88 09-30-2009 10:41 PM

Guys, If i pull the fuse for the a/c (Don't know where it is, help!) will it cause anything else to stop working or cause any damage short term or long term?

only a temporary fix of course, until i have gathered all the necessary parts to do a DD conversion.

tomfromhull 10-01-2009 12:55 AM

Polish Guy...are you for real???

docbong88 10-01-2009 02:32 AM

I kno exactly how to fix your problem!!! I me and my brother in law found the solution by accident!!! Il take a pic if need be. So we were taking the radio out to install my pxamg ipod kit in by g35 coupe 2005. When we put the radio back in I had the same problem as you. Naturally I freaked out. But my brother in law who is a genius found out that this little thing thats VERY VERY VERRRRY senstive when moved easily falls out of place turns off the WHOLE radio and ac controls and the ac goes crazy sometimes. So you can try punching the RIGHT BOTTOM side of your radio or if you really want take the whole radio out and look at the bottom right side of it and youll see this little thing that if you wiggle it a little it should go back the way its supposed too. It then fixes everything and BAM! u save 1000 dollars cuz the dealerships stupid and "didnt know" about this tiny little thing that when moved a tiny bit makes your radio and ac go haywire. Hope this helps everyone. If possible please make this a sticky so no one else makes the mistake of paying a lot of money to fix a relatively small issue to fix.

I tried that.. i smacked it a few times and it started working... For a moment then it died again lol. Tried smacking it a few more times but it didn't work. :dunno:

joedaddy1 10-01-2009 02:53 AM

lol.

docbong88 10-07-2009 01:23 AM

Stealership quoted me $900 for a new radio and $1000 for a new circuit board. LOL. filthy bastards, for $2k i could get a new factory 03 radio OR a sick DD set up with Navi/Touchscreen/Bluetooth/DVD + Probably a new exhaust system. What a bunch of twats at infiniti.

legalizeit 10-08-2009 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by RadioMD (Post 4428388)
Greetings,

The board you are referring to is called the "finisher" board. It is not the usual suspect with these problems. The most common problem with these radios is the power supply fails. We can repair these units and offer a 1 year warranty on the repair.
We repair approximately 4-5 G35 radios a week mostly for dealerships.

Our turn around time is usually 1-2 days and it will be shipped out promptly.

For more information go to http://www.radiomedics.com

Robert Pierce
916-851-9261
rpierce@radiomedics.com

I have the same issues reported by everyone on the this thread.

I'm going to try Radio Medics (they service Southern Ca) and see if they can fix the problem. They said they can fix my factory cd changer (no display, cd error, cannot eject cds, etc...) and my a/c controls (a/c is permanently on and inoperable). They quoted me a reasonable price for the repair and sounded experienced dealing with this specific problem.

There is not much info on the internet or BBB with this company. Does anyone here have experience with them or with repairing their original HU cd changer, a/c problem.

Please reply don.y2k@gmail.com

I will respond back with my results! Thanks!

eleeksta 10-15-2009 05:50 PM

There is no fuse to turn the a/c off. You would need to disconnect the cable connected to the dryer unit which is directly behind the grill on the engine/radiator area. Or, you could disconnect the cable plugged into the air condition module located at the bottom of the engine driver side under the air intake hose. Disconnecting either of these cables will power off the a/c and reduce RPM. Both are not exactly easy to do and would require removal of minor little things but if your A/C is stuck on high, i would suggest preventing constant engine wear and tear due to the high RPM the a/c adds to the engine work load. Plus you can save a little gas while you decide what you want to do with your head unit (HU).
There are, however, 2 fuses which are 15A blue fuses under the steering wheel panel fuse box that are listed under "blower" which do cause the air whether it be cold or hot to blow out of the vents. Removing these fuses will stop any air flow, but will not turn off the A/C module running of the engines a/c belt.

I had the audio circuit board crap out on me this past summer and my entire HU was dead and i had to suffer for about a month before i found an ebay seller who was able to make a modification to the board which permanently restored power of my radio/cd player/ stereo/ Air conditon/ defroster/ and steering function controls to the stereo.

This is the guy who for a reasonable price fixed my stereo instead of me spendng the money on an aftermarket stereo.

ebay seller name: xw1600

legalizeit 10-20-2009 04:38 PM

The EASY Fix

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my report back.

Radio Medics solved the problem by repairing and beefing up my power supply to my original head unit to decrease the likelihood of a repeat problem . Everything appears to be working fine. CD changer, AC, Radio, and Satellite Radio all work fine.

Fast, friendly, professional service. Rob came to my home and removed the unit and shipped out to their service center. A week later he returned and reinstalled my unit. Repair/parts/labor for approximately $300 and some change. Well worth it to keep and maintain the original factory look.

I'm having him come back and install an iphone/ipod adapator for me.

I am very happy. Thanks for the info supplied from this forum. Otherwise I'd be stuck having to deal with the Dealership that wanted $1800 and told me the unit was NOT repairable.:driving:

Originally Posted by legalizeit (Post 4613988)
I have the same issues reported by everyone on the this thread.

I'm going to try Radio Medics (they service Southern Ca) and see if they can fix the problem. They said they can fix my factory cd changer (no display, cd error, cannot eject cds, etc...) and my a/c controls (a/c is permanently on and inoperable). They quoted me a reasonable price for the repair and sounded experienced dealing with this specific problem.

There is not much info on the internet or BBB with this company. Does anyone here have experience with them or with repairing their original HU cd changer, a/c problem.

Please reply don.y2k@gmail.com

I will respond back with my results! Thanks!

2Nasty 11-10-2009 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by legalizeit (Post 4641834)
Here's my report back.

Radio Medics solved the problem by repairing and beefing up my power supply to my original head unit to decrease the likelihood of a repeat problem . Everything appears to be working fine. CD changer, AC, Radio, and Satellite Radio all work fine.

Fast, friendly, professional service. Rob came to my home and removed the unit and shipped out to their service center. A week later he returned and reinstalled my unit. Repair/parts/labor for approximately $300 and some change. Well worth it to keep and maintain the original factory look.

I'm having him come back and install an iphone/ipod adapator for me.

I am very happy. Thanks for the info supplied from this forum. Otherwise I'd be stuck having to deal with the Dealership that wanted $1800 and told me the unit was NOT repairable.:driving:

After doing a great deal of research on this forum and talking with Infiniti service advisors then finally speaking to 2 local independant radio repair shops I agree with legalizit. The problem for the HVAC controls is definately the power supply unit. Once it's been beefed up....the HVAC sytems will be back to normal as will your HU controls. As for the CD's and the dreaded error..this is a separate issue but can apparently be fixed for a reasonable price while replacing the power supply.

I live in Toronto, ON and got quotes of $270-$300 to remove the HU unit, replace the power unit and reinstall. Fixing the CD might be an additional $70-$100. A big difference from the $600 Infiniti price which was for a refurbished HU unit and circuit board.

Maximus_ 11-10-2009 06:35 PM

Can you plz let me know the radio repair places in toronto you know.. I am gonna try them...

Originally Posted by 2Nasty (Post 4692050)
After doing a great deal of research on this forum and talking with Infiniti service advisors then finally speaking to 2 local independant radio repair shops I agree with legalizit. The problem for the HVAC controls is definately the power supply unit. Once it's been beefed up....the HVAC sytems will be back to normal as will your HU controls. As for the CD's and the dreaded error..this is a separate issue but can apparently be fixed for a reasonable price while replacing the power supply.

I live in Toronto, ON and got quotes of $270-$300 to remove the HU unit, replace the power unit and reinstall. Fixing the CD might be an additional $70-$100. A big difference from the $600 Infiniti price which was for a refurbished HU unit and circuit board.

2Nasty 11-11-2009 09:10 AM

Although I havn't used them yet...I know I'm going to see one of them soon.
Digi Controls Limited
170 Wilkinson Rd. Unit #12
Brampton, Ontario
(905) 456-8499
Sebastian

Ray's Car Audio
50 Silver Star Blvd.
Scarborough, ON
Ray

Digi Controls sounds like a larger outfit where Ray sounds quite knowledgable but a smaller operation. Prices seemed similar with Ray being slightly cheaper.