Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No display, wierd behavior Radio and AC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No display, wierd behavior Radio and AC

Hi all,

THis is a question regarding a 2003 G35 sedan. The radio and AC are acting freaky - the AC comes on full blast and the controls aren't working. Radio acts strange as well. It was taken to the dealership two years ago and they clamied they "reset the radio and AC" and it solved the problem. Does anyone know what it was they did and how to do it? My research indicates this is a faulty control board and needs to be replaced, but if I can get by now by reseting something, please let me know.

Sincerely,

J

Old 04-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've worked for infiniti for 8 years now and I've never heard of a radio reset. There was a TSB for the boards so they may have replaced it. Definitely sounds like a board issue though.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
+1 on the bad circuit board.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:08 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jrdemers
Hi all,

THis is a question regarding a 2003 G35 sedan. The radio and AC are acting freaky - the AC comes on full blast and the controls aren't working. Radio acts strange as well. It was taken to the dealership two years ago and they clamied they "reset the radio and AC" and it solved the problem. Does anyone know what it was they did and how to do it? My research indicates this is a faulty control board and needs to be replaced, but if I can get by now by reseting something, please let me know.

Sincerely,

J
Mine just started doing the same thing intermittently the past 2 weeks!
The HVAC is stuck and the controls don't work, and the stereo screen is blank with inoperative console controls. The steering wheel controls still work however.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
^ That's the same symptoms my sedan had when my circuit board went out.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Gilley
^ That's the same symptoms my sedan had when my circuit board went out.
Is there a TSB reference on this? I tried searching Infiniti Help, but I couldn't find one.

I guess if my car's out of warranty, I'll have to pay for the replacement myself.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Gordee: I just replaced a board for that exact reason. The ITB is ITB03-007.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by denverinfiniti
Gordee: I just replaced a board for that exact reason. The ITB is ITB03-007.
Thanks for the info. I took the radio fuse out from under the battery cover compartment, waited a bit before replacing it, and it seemed to have at least temporarily fixed the issue.

So since I'm not under warranty, I gather I have to pay for the repair? What am I looking at in damages?

Is it possible to buy the board and replace it myself?

Old 04-02-2008, 11:11 PM
I'll check on the price of a board tomorrow for you. And I'm sure you replace it yourself. Just need to remove the radio assy. from the dash. Then remove the radio from the assy. itself and the board just unscrews

Old 04-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Gordgee
Thanks for the info. I took the radio fuse out from under the battery cover compartment, waited a bit before replacing it, and it seemed to have at least temporarily fixed the issue.
I am not familiar with this car.... so the radio fuse is in the engine compartment???

Thanks,

J

Old 04-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by jrdemers
I am not familiar with this car.... so the radio fuse is in the engine compartment???

Thanks,

J
In addition to the fuse panel in the driver's footwell, there is one under the battery compartment cover, and if I remember correctly, another behind the battery itself.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:45 AM
Your best bet is to buy a used radio unit from the marketplace and replace it. I had the same issue and replacing just the crcuit board didnt help. had to replace the whole headunit. Used units run from 200-300. Gl

Old 04-07-2008, 09:37 AM
My car was intermittently doing this as well. Not it just flat out blasts me all the time. Anyone know how to start undoing the center console? So does the radio unit and a circuit board need to be replaced or just the circuit board will be a good fix?

Old 04-22-2008, 05:01 PM
OK, pulled the fuse and waited and this was good for like a week. It has started doing it again.

What I am hearing and what is concerning me is that replacing the board may not fix the issue.... 03Sg35 - where did you get your replacement unit? Ebay?

Joe

Old 04-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Administrator
Mine's been working fine since my last post. Not sure why the circuit board decided to be stable so long, but I've already ordered the new Pioneer DD unit and will do the install in a few weeks when the parts come in, and I have time.

My head unit has probably 60 hours or less on the CD player and < 1hr on the cassette since I normally just listen to FM and use an FM transmitter to listen to MP3s. So if you're interested after I remove the unit, let me know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No display, wierd behavior Radio and AC