Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No display, wierd behavior Radio and AC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dsmguy
The TSB or Voluntary recall from Infiniti shows you exactly how to do it (with pictures)

You can download it here:

http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/loca....php?catid=180
Thanks for the TSB - I had been looking for it but didn't know what it was called.

Here is the big question - does this only relate to vehicles still under warranty or will they do this at infiniti's cost out of warranty?

THanks,

Joe

Old 05-07-2008, 02:03 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A technical service bulletin indicates a known problem and the suggested repair to a service technician.

The repair will be done under warranty if the warranty is still in effect, otherwise, you'll have to pay for the repair yourself.

This differs from a Recall where the manufacturer will usually do the fix on their dime.

At least that's the way I understand it.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:14 AM
yup...if you're out of warranty, it's on your dime.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:17 AM
Oh and by the way....it's all still working with no blips after removing all of the CDR's. Bizarre.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:36 PM
I actually just started having the same problem on my 2003 sedan. Started last night out of nowhere. If I replaced the radio with an aftermarket DD will I still need to replace the board?

Old 05-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Deebo16
I actually just started having the same problem on my 2003 sedan. Started last night out of nowhere. If I replaced the radio with an aftermarket DD will I still need to replace the board?
No, you won't have to replace the board, but you will need the DD trim piece and AC controller.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Deebo16
i believe the aftermarket DD might not sovle the problem by itself. i'm wondering has anyone w/ this so so common problem able to correct it by installing an aftermarket DD?

My car just started acting up again after taking out my CDRs. so, temporarily, i just took out the ac blower fuses. i'm still in search of someone who has successfully corrected this problem by doing it themselves. i'd hate to throw in the white flag and take it to the stealership.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:41 PM
The board causing the problem comes out with the ORM radio when you remove it to install a DD radio. The AC controller attached to that board also comes out, which is why you need the DD trim piece and the new AC controller.

Old 05-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Gilley
The board causing the problem comes out with the ORM radio when you remove it to install a DD radio. The AC controller attached to that board also comes out, which is why you need the DD trim piece and the new AC controller.
oh i see. so the DD in theory should cure that problem then, awesome! i guess i'll be in the market for a DD/conversion kit.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:37 PM
No theory about it. A DD head unit and the DD conversion pieces witll definitely cure that problem.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Mine just went out :/
Has anyone tried to repair the circuit board? This is a common occurance on Nissans to have dash/radio/ac lights go out and is usually a bad solder joint. Anyone have a pic of a bad board?

Old 05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
just my luck.... as all the parts for my DD conversion are coming in, my audio/ac problem has been working fine for record time!!! its like it has a mind of its own

actually what i remembered doing was taking out both of the ac blower fuses and then snapped them back on the next day. its been working fine for 2 weeks straight now! i'm curious to see how long it will go until the malfunction, THEN i'll install the DD.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine worked for about 3 weeks straight as well. Then after I got all my DD parts in, it went out on me for about 5 minutes. Worked fine for the past week waiting for my install on the W/E.

Here's a pic of the board. I guess the display, the surface mount LEDs, and switches explain the price of the board, but it still seems a bit steep.

Attached Thumbnails No display, wierd behavior Radio and AC-circuit-board.jpg  
Old 06-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Just replaced the circuit board - no dice - still malfunctions. After all of that, the dealer says that it is the head unit.

How can the head unit be messing up the AC controls???? Anyone know?

Joe

Old 06-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by dsmguy
Yup..that's exactly what the dealer said.

They're 95% sure that it's just the radio, and not the board.

They said they are able to get reburbished HU for about $350...and of course if that doesn't fix it, they move onto the Audio Finisher Board.

Likely around $200 in labor to remove the old HU and put in the Refurb HU.
Anyone know where to get this refurbished HV????

And what does double din stand for?

Joe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No display, wierd behavior Radio and AC