G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-20/)
-   -   No display, wierd behavior Radio and AC (https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/212414-no-display-wierd-behavior-radio-ac.html)

Maximus_ 11-11-2009 06:56 PM

goodluck with your repair .. :biggthumpup:
let us know how it pans out

Originally Posted by 2Nasty (Post 4693935)
Although I havn't used them yet...I know I'm going to see one of them soon.
Digi Controls Limited
170 Wilkinson Rd. Unit #12
Brampton, Ontario
(905) 456-8499
Sebastian

Ray's Car Audio
50 Silver Star Blvd.
Scarborough, ON
Ray

Digi Controls sounds like a larger outfit where Ray sounds quite knowledgable but a smaller operation. Prices seemed similar with Ray being slightly cheaper.

imclumzy 11-13-2009 09:21 PM

My 03 has just starting having this same problem. I see that there is a Service Campaign and my VIN falls within the eligibility:

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...dio-thermostat
http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/loca....php?catid=180

As I live in Toronto as well, does this "service campaign" mean Infiniti will replace the audio finisher board for free? Or is this different from a recall?

I live near this Ray on Silverstar Blvd. so I may drop in there just to see what he says.

2Nasty, did you get yours repaired yet?

yuanchen 11-15-2009 12:26 AM

My Radio had same problem too. I just go on forums to find cheap radio and install it by my self. Used radio i bought was about $250.

2Nasty 11-16-2009 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by imclumzy (Post 4697823)
My 03 has just starting having this same problem. I see that there is a Service Campaign and my VIN falls within the eligibility:

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...dio-thermostat
http://x.infinitihelp.com/forum/loca....php?catid=180

As I live in Toronto as well, does this "service campaign" mean Infiniti will replace the audio finisher board for free? Or is this different from a recall?

I live near this Ray on Silverstar Blvd. so I may drop in there just to see what he says.

2Nasty, did you get yours repaired yet?

I haven't repaired mine yet. Need to find the time and it works more times than it's down...but I'm sure that will change with time.

I called Infiniti Canada regarding this issue and received conflicting answers. Infiniti Canada said that they would repair it free of charge if my car landed within the specified dates. My car was 12 days out of date and they would not budge. The dealer (DFC) told me that even if my car landed within the dates there is no warranty and even if there was, my warranty has expired. In either case I don't think I have leg to stand on so I didn't pursue this option but you might :dunno:

imclumzy 11-16-2009 09:23 AM

FYI, I just called Infiniti Canada about my vehicle which does fall within the applied VINs for Campaign ID P3104 "Voluntary Service Campaign Audio Finisher Circuit Board". Infiniti Canada does honour these service campaigns and recalls, unfortunately the previous owner of my vehicle already had the finisher board replaced under warranty. DOH!

I'll be calling Ray.

2Nasty 11-16-2009 09:38 AM

I think you're better off letting Ray or Digi Controls handle the repair. Infiniti will just replace the faulty piece with another OEM part that will be just as faulty. This is evident by your unit already having been replaced and the problem recurring.

Digi Controls told that with the new *beefed up* power supply this will last longer than the car. He might have even said that it's a lifetime warranty...I can't remember for sure. Ray also sounded knowledgeable...he claimed to have done over 50 of these repairs but he might ask you to leave the car overnight....which I didn't like too much.

Let me know how it goes as I'll be doing the same in the next 2 weeks.

Swivel 11-16-2009 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by docbong88 (Post 4609535)
Stealership quoted me $900 for a new radio and $1000 for a new circuit board. LOL. filthy bastards, for $2k i could get a new factory 03 radio OR a sick DD set up with Navi/Touchscreen/Bluetooth/DVD + Probably a new exhaust system. What a bunch of twats at infiniti.

Bordering on criminal right there. Update - my refurbished HU from the local dealership is still working fine, reminder: cost was around $500Cdn.

2Nasty 11-20-2009 09:53 AM

I finally found the time to deal with this issue. I ended up taking my car to Digi Controls (see my earlier post) over Ray's simply because Digi said they would repair the board while I wait....and they did it in 2.5 hours. Prefered this over leaving my car overnight. The cost was $300.

He replaced the power control and re-soldered 3 transistors. This should now solve my HVAC controls. As for the CD getting Error EF problem...he looked at this and said he could repair it but it would not be worth it as there are to many broken parts to replace, the other option would be to get a replacement unit. Apparently when Clairion first made these units the specs were too tight with very little tolerence levels for the thickness of the CD's. They have since fixed that problem but jeez...how would you know if your replacement is from the old batch or the new and improved batch.

Anyways...I've got an Ipod connection working through my AUX so I told DIGI to leave the CD broken.

farsey 01-05-2010 10:47 PM

can some one help with this i live in sanjose area my car start doing that today is there any shops around here that i can go to?

mobbdeep1122 04-26-2010 08:15 AM

So the guys who had their power supply replaced/upgraded, did this solve the problem?

I have an 03 coupe with this same issue and I really don't want to spend the cash on a new circuit board/radio if just replacing the power supply will do the job.

Speaking of power supplies, where can I find better ones for the OEM radio?

legalizeit 04-26-2010 12:31 PM

Mobbdeep,

Read my post from like 6 months back. Beefing up and replacing the power supply unit solves the problem.

Do NOT get a new or refurbished unit because they will still have the same issue and will eventually break.

My unit is working fine and I have not had any problems since I had my power unit replaced.

mobbdeep1122 04-26-2010 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by legalizeit (Post 5057014)
Mobbdeep,

Read my post from like 6 months back. Beefing up and replacing the power supply unit solves the problem.

Do NOT get a new or refurbished unit because they will still have the same issue and will eventually break.

My unit is working fine and I have not had any problems since I had my power unit replaced.

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Where did you get the new power unit from?

legalizeit 04-26-2010 01:18 PM

I used the mobile radio repair store that had posted on this forum. RadioMedics. They had a location in the San Francisco Bay Area and here in San Diego where I'm from. They had replacement/upgraded power units in stock. I don't know where they get it from.

Google or search online for a radio repair place in your area or call RadioMedics to see if they can ship one out to you.

mobbdeep1122 04-26-2010 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by legalizeit (Post 5057170)
I used the mobile radio repair store that had posted on this forum. RadioMedics. They had a location in the San Francisco Bay Area and here in San Diego where I'm from. They had replacement/upgraded power units in stock. I don't know where they get it from.

Google or search online for a radio repair place in your area or call RadioMedics to see if they can ship one out to you.

Cool. I appreciate the info.

RadioMD 05-24-2010 04:08 AM

Yes we repair the infamous G35 radio. Typically the pricing ranges between $265-325 depending on what parts are required. The repair includes rebuilding the power supply AND the CD mechanism. We do all repairs in-house and usually have G35 radios repaired and shipped out within 1-2 days of receiving them.

radioMedics
3333 Sunrise Blvd Ste F
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
916-635-4492
www.radiomedics.com

We offer local service in the greater Sacramento area, Bay Area and San Diego area as well as ship-in service from anywhere in the country.