Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Does this make sense to anyone.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does this make sense to anyone.

Ok, on Thursday night I fly back home from NYC. When I get to my car (03 sedan), it won't start. It won't even turn over. Nothing was left on, not even the auto lights. Plus, I was only gone for 3 days. After 2 hrs. AAA came, jumped my car and I was off.

Yesterday, I woke up, went outside and the car cranked just time. So, I went to pepboys to get a new battery (Note: the battery is only 5 months old). They checked and found that the battery was completely fine.

This wasn't the first time I've left my car undriven for a few days. In fact, I work in NYC and live in NC, so its sitting @ the airport during the week, every week. This is the first time I've had any problems though.

I have a sirius radio running through the cig lighter, and had a viper auto start system installed about 3 months ago. Again, this is th first time I've had any problems like this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is possible that the electrical work you had done was not done properly, and there is something slowly draining your battery.

I'd take the car back to the place you had the viper system installed, and have them double check the electrical work.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
something is slowly taking the power your viper system would be my guess. till you get it fixed you could disconect the batt. at the airport and when you come back just hook it back up and your good to go. but u need to get it fixed that is just a tem fix

Old 04-05-2008, 11:52 AM
I guessing its the viper or the sirius also...Thought I have read weird stories about the factory bose system's in the 03 causing this issue as well.. Its just weird that it happened all of a sudden. You'd think it would have been happening all along since the car sits like that at the airport each week...

Old 04-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably the alarm because there isn't any power going to the lighters when the car is off.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Just a quick follow up...So, I went to Pep Boys and they confirmed that the battery was JUST FINE...SO...the next week, I went to the airport for a week long bus. trip as usual...When I get back, the car starts just fine...

FYI...I read elsewhere that in some cases, if you are playing a CD and turn the car off without switching to another mode (fm, tape, etc) that it will drain the battery. Apparently this is common on 03's with the factory Bose system. Well, I hardly ever use my CD player, BUT (on the week in question) I was driving to the airport I was listening to a CD and didn't switch to a diff. mode before turning the car off.

Something to consider...