Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

non-bose HU power output?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
non-bose HU power output?

Hey i've search for a good half-hour and still can't find the info i'm looking for. I am needing to know how much power (RMS) the stock non-bose HU puts out. I am trying to figure out what 4-ohm aftermarket speakers would be a good choice. I don't want to buy speakers rated for such a high power rating that the stock amp won't be able to drive them properly.

Thanks.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by miltoda
Hey i've search for a good half-hour and still can't find the info i'm looking for. I am needing to know how much power (RMS) the stock non-bose HU puts out. I am trying to figure out what 4-ohm aftermarket speakers would be a good choice. I don't want to buy speakers rated for such a high power rating that the stock amp won't be able to drive them properly.

Thanks.
the stock HU is maybe 4 x 10w rms

so... anything you get will be towering over your HU, BUT that doesnt mean they wont be driven properly..... just not to potential

oh and that may be rated at 8ohms not shore if infiniti stocks are 8ohms. so when you go to aftermarkets you "might" get 4 x 20w rms but not a significant amount of power

Last edited by JEAThirty5; 04-30-2008 at 01:10 PM.