Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

leftover room for golf clubs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2004 | 02:32 PM
|
leftover room for golf clubs?

i haven't gotten my g yet (soon hopefully) so i can't just go outside and look at the trunk for awhile. what's everyones experience with putting any size subs and boxes in the trunk and still having room for stuff like golf bags or a suitcase?

i have a friend who's gonna be helping me with some eclipse (large discount..) subs and haven't decided on an amp yet. i'll probably put some pioneer's in the front doors cause i can get the nice 4-way speakers for probably less than 100 for the pair. i'd really like the v35 console but the cash just isn't there right now so it'll have to wait..

Old 04-12-2004 | 03:48 PM
Re: leftover room for golf clubs?

look at my install, i was able to fit a golf bag with a sub fiberglass enclosure. I since then added another fiberglass enclosure for the amp, now i have to unfold the rear seat. Regardless, i want the rear seat down so that there is air travel from the trunk. this help the bass out a lot.

g35mt

Old 04-12-2004 | 06:55 PM
|

beautiful setup. i think i love it...obviously

i want mine to really sound nice but not take up the whole trunk or my whole wallet. probably once i get the car i could actually begin to plan out what i need and where i can fit it all.

Old 04-12-2004 | 10:28 PM

I assume you're talking about the G35 coupe. The trunk is tiny--height being a big problem, as well as depth and width.
I added an aftermarket sub in a custom fiberglass enclosure in the same location as the other poster (Driver's side, behind the wheel well), and two amplifiers in the trunk, and I don't think golf clubs will fit anymore.
I put one amp on the back of the rear seats, so folding the seat down will be a tad problematic, as the clubs would be laying over the amp. (So, keep that in mind.)
As for getting more bass by having the seats down. . .I guess you would, but unless you're a rap-afficionado bass won't be much of a problem if you get a decent sub and power it right.
I have a Boston Acoustic 12.5 LF, powered by a Precision Power 300.1. It's a 2 ohm sub, so it could, in theory, get 300 watts RMS from the amp, (although I think the amp is under-
rated.) Regardless, I have the gain on the amp turned up less than halfway and I have TONS of bass--just gobs. Seat up, or seat down, the bass is profoundly solid.
I'll have to test the golf-club question, but I'm pretty sure they won't fit.
Good luck with your install.
I need to post some pics.

Old 04-27-2004 | 02:18 AM

hey q35mt, i really like how you set up your sub and amp. did u do it yourself or did u have it built? and how much did it cost to get all that setup? is the bottom cut so you can still access the spare tire? thanks

Old 04-27-2004 | 05:12 AM

Nah, the G35C trunk isn't THAT tiny. I had a Mustang prior to this car that was far worse to work with. At least the G has a big opening for maneuvering stuff in. The trunk floor of this car makes it very flexible as far as ways to put amps and subs in without losing your usable space. If you're willing to go without the spare ithere are lots of examples of really great looking installs that leave 100% of the trunk space in tact.

Wanting to keep the spare, I went with two fiberglass sub enclosures on the left and right "pods" and put the amps towards the rear, to keep the seat backing available for laying stuff ontop of it.

Even a single 10" sub sounds good in this car. Something about the shape of this car boosts the bass quite a bit.