Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

07 Coupe Ipod connect.... help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 02:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 07 Coupe Ipod connect.... help

I have read a few thread on this site and I'm very confused , a lot of the units that connect your iPod to the factory stereo work up till the 06 model but not the 07. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I want to connect my iPod to my factory stereo, I want the iPod in the center console, and I want it to charge while plugged in, I want the text to display on my stereo, have some control access with the steering wheel, and have access to change between artists from the iPod itself. I know that’s a lot to ask for but there’s got to be something out there that can do this with a factory setup. I have NAV but no factory satellite radio. Please help... I can't live without my music. I have the 2007 coupe with NAV.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:10 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The iPod adapters should work with your 07. I'm not aware of anything changing between the models that would prevent you from doing so.

I think the only adapter that will display on the OEM HU is the Nissan iPod adapter.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 The OEM Nissan interface will do the job. USA-SPEC PA11-NIS will do the job too except text display. Both of these units can have the ipod cable come out of the center console, just depends where you install it and the cable lengths.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:48 AM
Bump! Did this end up working out? I have a 2007 Coupe as well and can't find any info on the net about a successful USA-SPEC PA11 install.

Bump bump! I'm dying for iPod goodness!

Old 11-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Yep, me too. I'm dying to hear from *someone*, anyone, who's successfully installed the USA SPEC PA11-NIS in a 2007 Coupe. Or sedan. Or whatever.

I've got an '07 G35 Coupe, with Sat, no Nav, and I'm dying without a hard-wired iPod... I'm happy to go without the Sat capability if need be, and I'm not bothered about track names/artists not displaying on screen. I'm just about to the point of just buying the USA Spec unit and trying it out. I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't work in the 2007's, but the manufacturer makes a point of saying that compatibility only goes up to the 2006 models. Haven't heard of anyone succeeding or failing yet either with an '07...

I'll let you know how it goes if I end up pulling the trigger.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:24 AM
acr
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
What's different about the 07 coupes stereo?

Old 11-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by acr
What's different about the 07 coupes stereo?
Nothing's different that I'm aware of, but USA Spec goes out of their way to say that compatibility with their iPod unit only goes through the 2006 Nissan/Infiniti models. So it'd be really nice to hear of someone who's installed it sucessfully in an '07...

Old 11-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Ok--so I pulled the trigger and had the USA SPEC PA11-NIS unit installed a few days ago in my '07 coupe. I couldn't be happier with the results. Anyone who's considering this should do it immediately. I had the installer drill a small hole in that spare Nav compartment. The iPod plug sits in there as does the iPod itself, maintaining a clean, stock appearance. The sound quality is awesome--just what I was after. What shocked me, though, was that I have not only Direct control of the iPod itself, but that I can also skip forward/back using the steering wheel controls. That was a totally unexpected result based on what I'd read previously. I had to sacrifice my Sat radio, and no artist/song info on the factory unit, but who cares?? A total win.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:08 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
So without NAV or SAT radio, how do you turn the iPod on? Does it just work automatically when you plug it in?

Old 12-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by carefree
Ok--so I pulled the trigger and had the USA SPEC PA11-NIS unit installed a few days ago in my '07 coupe. I couldn't be happier with the results. Anyone who's considering this should do it immediately. I had the installer drill a small hole in that spare Nav compartment. The iPod plug sits in there as does the iPod itself, maintaining a clean, stock appearance. The sound quality is awesome--just what I was after. What shocked me, though, was that I have not only Direct control of the iPod itself, but that I can also skip forward/back using the steering wheel controls. That was a totally unexpected result based on what I'd read previously. I had to sacrifice my Sat radio, and no artist/song info on the factory unit, but who cares?? A total win.
Mine just arrived at my door yesterday. I'm so hyped to install it this weekend. How do you put it in direct mode?

Old 12-09-2008, 12:36 AM
bump i just bought a 2007 g35 coupe 6mt with nav and everything...i have a blackberry and everyone keeps telling me to get an ipod in the forums, is there a "work around" getting music goodness and some level of control via the g and some level of info on the screen...like, no one has invented something for this ? crazy i just got my g tonight.....its the only dull point of the night

so the ipod thing works...? just no info on the screen...and you cant change playlists, artists, etc(unless you do it via the ipod)....but i guess i would just make a G playlist and cruise around with those songs, right?

Old 12-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
there is NO difference in the 07 head units. any of these solutions work for g35 coupes.

the factory Nissan ipod interface unit will give you basic text display on the Bose unit (NOT the NAV display) and controls from Bose and steering wheel as well. USA Spec is another option if you want to control it from head unit/steering wheel - and is cheaper and easier to install.

you last option is the PAC unit. little more basic as it doesn't give you display or the ability to control from head unit/steering wheel but is cheaper and you CAN have factory SAT at the same time. that's the option i went with - more info on my solution on my site myG35mods.com.

Last edited by fishhouse; 12-24-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:22 PM
If anyone has done it themselves can you post a DIY? if not how much was the install??

Old 12-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a complete PAC install DIY a page or two down - on my iPhone so can't give the link now. USA Spec installs the same.