Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Audio system ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio system ?

ok i have an 04/no nav. bose equipped. I plan on running a DD touchscreen, new speakers, and two amps. One amp will be for the speakers and the other to power a sub. I already have the car wired for the sub. But my question is, can i use the speaker wires for the stock speakers and hook them up to a different amp. I just want my front and rear(not the deck speakers) to run off the amp. Also how can i stil keep my tweeters? thanks!

Old 05-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You can cut and splice into the wires coming out of the Bose amp to the front speakers. It's easier just to run new wire to the rear speakers while you install them in the sides.

You should be installing new component speakers up front which will have their own crossover and tweeters.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fast04G
ok i have an 04/no nav. bose equipped. I plan on running a DD touchscreen, new speakers, and two amps. One amp will be for the speakers and the other to power a sub. I already have the car wired for the sub. But my question is, can i use the speaker wires for the stock speakers and hook them up to a different amp. I just want my front and rear(not the deck speakers) to run off the amp. Also how can i stil keep my tweeters? thanks!

I would just use the stock speaker wires....those who have run new speaker wires in the doors say it was a major PITA.

doc

Old 05-29-2008, 08:33 AM
ok great replies! how do u know what color each speaker wire is. Is there a diagrahm or anything? Also how many watts is too much for just the speakers? thanks alot!

BTW looking at boston acoustics for the speakers. mayeb JL for the amp/sub. dont need a top of line system, just something that sounds good and better than this bose crap.

Last edited by fast04G; 05-29-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by docron1
I would just use the stock speaker wires....those who have run new speaker wires in the doors say it was a major PITA.

doc
its not that hard if you have a plastic snake

Old 05-29-2008, 09:55 AM
ok i was thinking about this. When i install my new in-dash receiver, im gonna use a harness and all. will the stock bose amp work, but just at a lower level.

also thinking about ordering the dash kit from here.. http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=4343 just the trim and a/c control tho.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:58 AM
you will not be using the bose amp anymore, rather the internal amp on the headunit, i would do headunit and speakers in one shot

Old 05-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by CreativeDesignZ
you will not be using the bose amp anymore, rather the internal amp on the headunit, i would do headunit and speakers in one shot
yeah but i plan on installing an amp for the new speakers. cant i just cut the wires before the bose amp, and connect them to the aftermarket one? thanks

Old 05-29-2008, 10:29 AM
oh yea definetly, misunderstood your question. are you going to be running new wires to the speakers from the 4 channel?

Old 05-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Have you read the sticky threads at the top of the AV section. There is a lot of information in there about doing this.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:43 PM
My question is, can i use the oem bose wires, and cut them before the bose amp, and use them for the new amp? I did read, but i dont understand some of the lingo or at all. I dont know alot about installing systems in newer cars with a factory amped system.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:45 AM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
I know you can with JL amps not sure about the others. Just call the co. itself thats what I did.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:47 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're talking about power & ground I wouldn't. Your new amp will require more power and you should run a new fused wire directly from your battery. There are several places in the trunk to run it's own ground. You can use the factory remote/turn-on wire for your head unit and amps.

It's definitely easier to use the factory wires for the front speakers and you can mount the tweeters in the factory location as well, if they're seperate.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by Meatshackle
If you're talking about power & ground I wouldn't. Your new amp will require more power and you should run a new fused wire directly from your battery. There are several places in the trunk to run it's own ground. You can use the factory remote/turn-on wire for your head unit and amps.

It's definitely easier to use the factory wires for the front speakers and you can mount the tweeters in the factory location as well, if they're seperate.
ok finally someone pointing me in the right direction. I have my car already wired for subs. What my biggest concern is AFTER i install my new DD headunit, do i just use the harness adapter? Second..When i do install my amp, all i need to do is run the RCA's from the HU to the amp, then hook the speakers, power, ground and remote. Anybody know the color of the wires for the speakers(front and rear)? Also can i use the stock tweeters? thanks so much for the input! i search, but i couldnt find the answer i was looking for.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Why do you want to use the stock tweeters? Don't your new door speakers have tweeters?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audio system ?