Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

my avic doesn't like my xbox, but likes ps2, huh??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: my avic doesn't like my xbox, but likes ps2, h

Well, I guess since the xBox is a computer, it is already using 12v and 5v internally.... We might be able to do the same thing.... Personally, I wouldnt want to yank the power supply from it, since I frequently take it out of the car and use it at home too...

Hmmm....

---------------------------------
Navi-Conversion Kits at Discounted Pricing
*Authorized AV Electronic Dealer*

2003.5 Desert Platinum Sedan
Premium, Navi, xBox

Old 04-19-2004, 04:27 PM

I just went to Radio Shack on my lunch break and picked up a ground loop isolator and attached it to my audio connectors. It works!! It has reduced the static noise to very low levels, and can only hear it when I crank the volume to high. But the isolator, doesn't do anything for the video, it scrambles the image. So, now, it sounds okay and looks okay. But not great. Hmm ... this xbox this turning out to be quite a pain in the butt.

DP G35 coupe/ AT / Prem graphite / Sport / Titanium 19 tint / 5 wire hyper-ground kit / clear corners / hyper white clearance/ i-Pod mini silver
San Diego, CA

Old 04-19-2004, 05:08 PM

Yeah... It turns me off to the whole Xbox thing too... But you can't beat 120+GB of videos, movies etc... Its the best way to go. Once we figure this out, we'll be good to go.

---------------------------------
Navi-Conversion Kits at Discounted Pricing
*Authorized AV Electronic Dealer*

2003.5 Desert Platinum Sedan
Premium, Navi, xBox

Old 04-19-2004, 06:09 PM

Well; I don't use the avic......but my Xbox image does leave a little to be desired. I get a pair of moving horizontal interference lines. These are fairly faint, so it's still playable. I use a different Pioneer AV box, (no RGB output, but 3 video in; three video out,) and have NO sound problems at all. I'd love to figure out how to eliminate the video noise.....then it would be worth it to do the trick the showed on Tech TV the other night....rigging a remote power button in the controller using garage door opener parts. Untill then, I guess have to stick to the PS2 for the car. But I have not given up hope for fully modding my PS2 with a 120 gig....after all, the new Final Fantasy is coming with a HD! And they've had PS2 HD's in Japan for a few years now.

04 G35s 6MT BS Aero Kit/Nav/Prem
Warning: Objects in Mirror Are Losing!

Old 04-19-2004, 06:33 PM

Yah RacerX, those are the same exact interference lines that I get on my video from the xbox. Makes me wonder how the xbox audio/video is different from the ps2 to cause all this interference.

You have any more info on that Tech TV mod? ... you didn't records that show by chance, did ya?

DP G35 coupe/ AT / Prem graphite / Sport / Titanium 19 tint / 5 wire hyper-ground kit / clear corners / hyper white clearance/ i-Pod mini silver
San Diego, CA

Old 04-19-2004, 09:31 PM

i may import this PSX from japan...!
looks good in our car i think... too bad they don't sell it in here!
it cost like $750 for this PSX
but it looks good right?

i heard that this thing is as good as the xbox

232601-desr7000j1.jpg

Old 04-19-2004, 11:02 PM

yah it definitely looks good, but also costs an arm and a leg IMO. You should wait, I read that sony will be releasing an updated version to include many of the features that they skipped out on in order to deliver it on time for last christmas. You should do some researching on that to confirm my post.

San Diego, CA