Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Replacement Speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Replacement Speakers

I heard the standard system on the G35, 2006 and below, was pretty ****ty. What are some good replacement speakers that do not cost too much and can really bust out the bass?

And how much are these gonna run me? I have no experince with speakers at all.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
are you talking about the bose system???this system is way better then all other cheap models out there..

Old 06-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by shyger85
are you talking about the bose system???this system is way better then all other cheap models out there..
Yea bro, I've heard a lot of negative reviews about it, but I have no idea from experince. I'm not looking for an extremely clear, crisp sound, I'm looking for something that can kick and rumble the bass.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
Yea bro, I've heard a lot of negative reviews about it, but I have no idea from experince. I'm not looking for an extremely clear, crisp sound, I'm looking for something that can kick and rumble the bass.
bro trust me bose system is better then any other stock speakers out there..I think its better then some aftermarket speakers....for reals ....do your research...they're high qaulity...

Old 06-09-2008, 02:04 AM
bro trust me bose system is better then any other stock speakers out there..I think its better then some aftermarket speakers....for reals ....do your research...they're high qaulity...
Yea that's what I thought, my friend has a 99 Acura TL with a bose system i'm pretty sure and 10 years later it still sounds very good.

I was reading reviews of the car on Edmunds.com or something and that seemed to be one major complaint, besides gas mileage, rattles, and tire/ brake longevity.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
alright, I have to chip in my $0.02 since your conversations within this thread need some accurate correction. Its like the blind leading the blind....sorry.

The "Premium" system has a stock HU that is arguably manufactured but Clarion, NOT Bose.

The stock speakers in the front doors, backseat side panels or back doors in the sedan are stock NISSAN speakers, NOT Bose. These stock NISSAN speakers are the same ones you would find in the Murano, Altima, Sentra, Titan, etc.

The only Bose components in the "Premium" system is the rear shelf 6x9's "subs" and the ~225W amp in the trunk located on the left side of the spare tire.

If you have the "non-Premium" sound system, the HU is now a amp'd HU again arguably manufactured by Clarion. The speakers are still crappy stock NISSAN speakers.

IMHO, the stock system sounds decent to someone who doens't know any better. You maybe a audio newbie who doesn't know what a JL amp or Kappas or Boston Acoustics separates sound like so you might think "hey, this 'Bose' system sound goooooood..." In actuality, the stock "Premium" aka BOSE system sounds like a guy ordering a Big Mac at McD's in the drivethrough, muffled and distorted. Why Infiniti continues to contract with Bose products after now 5 years of customers complaining about the left speaker cutting out and the CD F3/0 errors and the countless amount of people paying an arm/leg and a left kidney to buy a DD conversion kit and swapping out their their stock systems after paying $2000 for the "Premium" system to begin with is beyond me.

For those who make themselves believe the stock BOSE system is good, they're, IMHO, either in Kubler-Ross denial or moreso, they can't afford right now to improve their sound system (which there is nothing wrong with that) b/c they are changing to clear corners or adding a Z-tube. (We've all been there right??? )

again, IMHO, the speakers are the limiting factors to the system. The Bose amp is decent but any aftermarket amp would be much better. The speakers should be swapped out before anything else to add any improvement to our "Premium" systems.

For the newbie, this is my recommendations to improve the sound system...
1. Keep stock system and save your $$ to do a complete system! You'll save money in installations costs and having to buy parts like LOCs...and you'll limit your need to diassemble your dash and deal with your AC blowing 80 degree air (we've all done that right?!?!? lol) after a DD conversion or blowing fuses or cause a CEL to fire....

2. Add a sub. Tap into rear shelf speaker wiring and add a sub + amp or powered sub.

3. Change out stock speakers, yes, even the Bose ones as well as swap and add better amp(s).

4. #2 + #3

5. Do DD conversion and swap out to aftermarket HU +#3.

People have/will want to just swap out HU and DD conversion while keeping the stock crappy components and wonder why the system still sounds "crappy" ("decent" for those who are still in denial). again, how many of us have done this!?!??! lol again, stock speakers limit the sound quality, not the HU. Try to resist from doing this first....

Hope this helps....
doc

Old 06-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree with docron1. The stock speakers for both the Bose and non-Bose are inexpensive and are made of notebook paper (not really, but they look like it). And I'll go farther to state that the Bose amp is crappy too. It has undesirable equalizing and custs the bass at higher levels (which is probably a good thing so it doesn't blow the crappy speakers).

It's better to keep the stock HU and upgrade the rest of the system.

Darkster, does your car have the Bose system? I ask because your first post asks about the standard system, which the Bose is not. If you have the non-Bose, then it's easy to just upgrade the front speakers.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No......just no

Old 06-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by GOODFELLA
No......just no
this is why I had to chime in....I had my laugh for the week when I read that.... lol.

doc

Old 06-09-2008, 10:31 AM
"bose system is better then any other stock speakers out there"....

lol..ya thats funny..

anyways i have the non premium system in my G and It actually (IMHO) sounds better than the premium..my friend has a M and has the Bose system in his car, and whenever he rides in my G, he always tells me how much better my standard system is compared to his Bose system....sooo imo Bose is not the best than any other stock speakers out there

Old 06-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Banned
alright say what you want...but when your research comes along let me know what you think then..

Old 06-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
docron1... do the non-Bose cars have subwoofer amp wiring in the rear partial shelf?... I'm asking for an entirely different reason - I need continuous power for a different mod altogether... I've been running from the defroster power - 'cause I didn’t think it was pre-wired for Bose.

If it is, I need to tap into it.

BTW - I agree with the comments about Bose - they are way over-rated (home audio too)...

Old 06-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
docron1... do the non-Bose cars have subwoofer amp wiring in the rear partial shelf?... I'm asking for an entirely different reason - I need continuous power for a different mod altogether... I've been running from the defroster power - 'cause I didn’t think it was pre-wired for Bose.

If it is, I need to tap into it.

BTW - I agree with the comments about Bose - they are way over-rated (home audio too)...

I don't think so. The wiring is probably just to wire the front and backseat speakers. Logically, economically speaking, why would Infiniti "pre-wire" for rears and waste that money on parts and labor.

But, when I get back to my HD @ work tomorrow morning, I will check the wiring diagram for the non-Premium system in the Service Manual and see if there are wires for the rear shelf. I doubt it though.......

I'll let you know tomorrow....

doc

Old 06-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Here's my take on the Bose, it's not all that great. It's semi-decent. To be honest, that sub in the rear deck doesn't even perform like a sub should perform. An aftermarket speaker will sound better on certain conditions. If you are going to upgrade speakers, I'd recommend getting an amplifier, it's the only true way you will get optimum performance out of the speakers.

Throwing some aftermarket speakers on the stock HU may decrease output, but you might have slightly better bass, depending on the speaker (mainly because it's power handling will be increased).

I haven't heard the stock sound of the G35, but I sure hope it's not far from the Bose package, because honestly, it would be a waste of money if it's not too different. The new G35's have an improved sound system but I find that it distorts quite a bit. Midbass is MUCH better, but cranking it on the '06 and older has less distortion.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by docron1
alright, I have to chip in my $0.02 since your conversations within this thread need some accurate correction. Its like the blind leading the blind....sorry.

Why Infiniti continues to contract with Bose products after now 5 years of customers complaining about the left speaker cutting out.

Hope this helps....
doc
LOL. Good thing I found this comment. I thought my speaker wires were not contacting because of this.

Good reading. I applaud you sir.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Replacement Speakers