Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Help! Ac Radio Finisher Circuit or Loose Wire?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Help! Ac Radio Finisher Circuit or Loose Wire?

Hi Guys

For the last year I've been having an intermittent issue with my ac and radio going on and off. Several times I've hit the side of the hvac and everything would come back on. It no longer responds to my light abuse.

Today I removed the HVAC and the 4 main connectors on the back were firmly in place, I have yet to dissect down to the circuit board and see if anything else is out of place.

Is this a typical symptom of a bad circuit board?

If this is not typical then aside from the 4 main connectors, what else should I check?

Thanks!

Old 06-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
yes, the circuit board is the problem your solution is to get a DD kit with a HU and you won't have this problem anymore. If you even going to get another one it might work for couple of months and then it will go again.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:36 AM
After removing the HVAC unit I noticed that the bottom right (when looking at the 4 connectors) is not connected nor is there a connector that will fit it. Is this normal?

I've completely lost all control of the stereo from the steering wheel controls(this symptom started prior to the removal). I've always been able to control the stereo via these controls even when the board goes bonkers.

I've checked the fuse underneath the drivers side and in the engine bay. Is there anything else I can check?

I'd love to go double din but unfortunately cannot afford it at this time

Old 06-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are describing the death of your HU/HVAC circuit board. At first the control panel would stop working but the radio would operate and could be controlled by the steering wheel buttons. Sometimes it would cut back in and everything would be fine. Then one day everything stopped working altogether.

The open connector you see on the back of your HU is for the satellite radio/ipod connection.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by xraycat
You are describing the death of your HU/HVAC circuit board. At first the control panel would stop working but the radio would operate and could be controlled by the steering wheel buttons. Sometimes it would cut back in and everything would be fine. Then one day everything stopped working altogether.

The open connector you see on the back of your HU is for the satellite radio/ipod connection.
A moment of silence.

Thanks for the help guys.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dam it man i got an 03 sedan and had the cd player fixed once for 250 now i got the same problem, cd player is out and i don't have control over the ac its on auto on high can't stop it =[ breaks my heart INFINITY WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME!!!