G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

car died and started again?

Old 09-15-2015, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car died and started again?

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is a silly question.

I was driving to work today and all of sudden my 2006 G35 coupe radio turned off and then everything shut down. Nothing worked including the emergency flashers. Then all of sudden it started up again). Then i decide to pull over to a side street to test it. I turned off the engine and when i went to crank it back, NOTHING worked. No lights no power or anything. I cranked a ton of times but didnt work. After a minute or so, it all of sudden came back (the engine didnt crank up like it would at start), it just all of sudden came back. Drove down the block and it struggled and died again. and after few minutes it came back again.

I ended up driving it back home, parking it and then this time i turned engine off and it turned back on FINE! no struggles or issues. I did this a few times without any issues.

I did a quick search and it seemed like some people had camshaft sensor issues? Does anyone know if this issues affects the 2006 G35 coupes? Or is this simply a possible loose battery connection or something else?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you all!

Anthony

Old 09-15-2015, 03:18 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
How many miles are on your car? The most common reasons for this kind of situation are bad camshaft position sensors and/or crankshaft position sensors. Get your car scanned for trouble codes and go from there. A lot of times the cam and crankshaft sensors won't throw a code when they go bad so keep that in mind.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:44 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by AT23
Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is a silly question.

I was driving to work today and all of sudden my 2006 G35 coupe radio turned off and then everything shut down. Nothing worked including the emergency flashers. Then all of sudden it started up again). Then i decide to pull over to a side street to test it. I turned off the engine and when i went to crank it back, NOTHING worked. No lights no power or anything. I cranked a ton of times but didnt work. After a minute or so, it all of sudden came back (the engine didnt crank up like it would at start), it just all of sudden came back. Drove down the block and it struggled and died again. and after few minutes it came back again.

I ended up driving it back home, parking it and then this time i turned engine off and it turned back on FINE! no struggles or issues. I did this a few times without any issues.

I did a quick search and it seemed like some people had camshaft sensor issues? Does anyone know if this issues affects the 2006 G35 coupes? Or is this simply a possible loose battery connection or something else?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you all!

Anthony
What you have described sounds more like a bad ground or loose/faulty battery power supply cable/connection. A faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensor could potentially cause an ignition problem, not a complete electrical power failure as you described.

Inspect your battery terminals/cables for cleanliness and security, check both ends of the negative and positive cables.