Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Sirius Tuner for our G35s - Problem acquiring?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius Tuner for our G35s - Problem acquiring?

I just installed a Sirius Tuner I bought from a member here and all I am getting is acquiring? I hooked everything up and got a Sirius antenna but that's all I am getting. The unit isn't activated yet but I didn't want to call Sirius as I figured before I called them it should get past acquiring and go to channel 184 or 0? Can anyone help me here? Is the tuner bad?

Old 06-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The Sirius tuner doesn't always play the free channel. Mine didn't. Call Sirius and have them activate the unit to see if that works. If it doesn't, then you can cancel the activation. Since there is no "antenna" message, the antenna is being detected by the tuner.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Gilley
The Sirius tuner doesn't always play the free channel. Mine didn't. Call Sirius and have them activate the unit to see if that works. If it doesn't, then you can cancel the activation. Since there is no "antenna" message, the antenna is being detected by the tuner.
Does channel 0 at least come up? Mine is stuck at acquiring, I can't change the channel at ALL. Also, this is the newer unit with a signal antenna input, are those proven to work in the older G's (03-04?)? Thanks for your help Gilley.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:47 PM
I saw a TSB on the Sat Radio always saying "acquiring". The unit has to be activated and not Factory installed (was a dealer option). Not sure what the fix is though.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Old 06-28-2008, 11:17 AM
I think the problem is that the newer single antenna input tuners aren't compatible with the older G's.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:22 AM
where is your antenna? on your roof or the rear deck?

Old 06-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Your tuner has a single antenna input connector?

Old 06-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Gilley
Your tuner has a single antenna input connector?
Yeah...

Old 11-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Ok so i have the same issue. I have an 06 G coupe. I got the sirius tuner and hooked it up. I called sirius and created the account. It took some time to get the signal. but it worked. (also, i get sat 1 and sat 2, is that normal?) i put everything back in the car and finished the install. I turned on the car and it just stayed at acquiring. i called sirius 2x and had them send the signal back. it took about 15-20 to get it out of that screen. then i turned the car off again, came back in 20min and it was back to acquiring!!! This cant be normal.

how long should it take to go to the channels? I think its the tuner, i am going to try to get a replacement and hope it works.

other info:
following the guide; this one came with no ground, its a single antenna, no splitter.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Old 11-23-2008, 09:12 PM
there's a few lil things with sat radio....
first, antenna location is key. so if you have a solid tint you CANNOT put the antenna on the inside,
second, make sure you do NOT have any pinched wires in the installation.
thirdly if you're around tall buildings, in parking garages it won't work well at all IF at all... it will just say acquiring because it's getting no signal.

it should take no longer than 2-3 mins to get your signal - even that is slow
(the Sat 1 Sat 2 is for presets - I put all the talk radio on one set of presets, and music on the other set of presets.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:38 PM
I have my antenna on the outside, on the top of the car. i dont think i pinched any wire but i will check to make sure. I am getting a new tuner and hopefully this will work fine. Thanks for the help TroysG!

Old 11-25-2008, 04:56 PM
2007 M45 W/Sat - acquiring???

Just bought a used 2007 M45 fully loaded with SAT....when I go to SAT mode by hitting radio once (FM) Twice (AM) and the third time is supposed to go to SAT but I get the ACQUIRING message? Sirus/XM didn't know what that was - told me to get the SAT ID from that screen but I cant do anything once it is acquiring?

Went to the dealer and they seemed puzzled too? I read that it may be because the battery was disconnected? And to let it re-acquire the info and could take up to 10 minutes? Tried letting it sit for like 15 and nothing?

Dealer said my car did have the SAT tuner and they would have to look at it? I see this seems to be an issue...but noticed these posts where based on older - after market installs?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Old 11-27-2008, 11:06 AM
I got my new tuner and hooked it up. After calling sirius i got signal in 2min. everything is great! rwbrock; your issue sounds like mine. The tuner i have is for my model and from the dealer, not after market. have the dealer just get you a new one and its should work.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:50 PM
My issue was that the single input tuner is not compatible with the older Gs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sirius Tuner for our G35s - Problem acquiring?