Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

PYLE Amp?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PYLE Amp?

Anyone have experience with PYLE amps? I am not a car amplifier expert but I do want to replace the BOSE with a little more power. I don't need to have equip in the top 25% and found this PLA1585.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/PY...ER_p_2397.html

Any comments?

Also, I've seen posts for $1000 spkrs for the doors but can someone suggest good front / rear replacements for about $100 a piece (gotta be some decent stuff out there that's better than the stock ones).

One more question. I know the stock speakers are paper and all but has anyone tried only an equalizer between the HU and amp first, just to see if that gives more depth? Any suggestions on a 4 channel EQ?

Thanks

... to Infiniti and beyond....!

Old 04-26-2004, 12:27 AM
Re: PYLE Amp?

Hi Buzz,

"It's better to do it right the first time around" - Now that I got that out of the way let me offer my advice.

Open box deals at stores like Circuit City can result in a great buy. I purchased a very good Polk Audio amp for my car at <1/2 the regular price this week. The advantages are: 30-day return policy (no restocking fee), no shipping charges and like-new merchandise at steeply discounted prices. I would purchase open-box amps but not speakers (Call me funny).

As for quality brands for good prices: MTX, Kenwood, Coustic and Kicker come to mind.

Budget car audio system I recommend :
2-channel amp for the front speakers (i.e. link

Infinity 6-1/2" Two-way Component Speaker System for the fronts link

Infinity Basslink link

I would not bother with the rear-side speakers. It’s better to spend the money on a good set of front components.
You didn’t ask about a woofer, but I’ve heard several people praise the Infinity Basslink.

Good luck!

BLKSNAKE - '04 G35 Coupe
Check out my hidden sub! [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2004, 06:04 AM

PYLE is complete garbage. I put it up there with lanzar and audiobahn. Not only would that eliminate it from the top 25 percent, but it would put it towards the bottom of the car audio brand chain imo.

Infinity makes excellent speakers for the money. As for amps, US Acoustics, Planet Audio, and JBL are excellent budget amps. JBL would be my choice of the three, but they are at different price points so go with what fits your budget.

Old 04-26-2004, 10:22 AM

Thansk to you both, blksnake and G35audioman for your feedback. I will use it.

... to Infiniti and beyond....!