Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

dynamat extreme question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 12:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dynamat extreme question

i heard one whole roll of dynamat extreme would be more than enuff to cover both doors, rear panels, and the entire trunk, including trunk lid...

now how hard would it be to install this stuff? i would think not that difficult since its pretty easy taking everything out of the trunk... the only tools you would need are gloves, scissors, cuz it comes with a roller, i heard you're not spose to install it in the hot sun, and once you install it, you wont be able to remove it?

for those who have done this, does this dynamat really make a big difference in sound quality? can someone describe it?

where can i get a roll of dynamat extreme for a good price?

Old 04-27-2004, 03:24 AM
Black 2004 G35 6MT, chrome wheels, black, still pristine
Re: dynamat extreme question

I have a box that's ready to be put on - I have the 2-door kit. A sound store tried to sell me this kit for $95, but I got it on eBay (new) for $45 which included shipping. I've actually never used the stuff before because, let's face it - I've never had a car this nice before. lol.... but it will make a difference. You can put it in your trunk, but the doors is where it will make the most difference since that's the closest place you'll hear road noise.

The Bamadog
BAMADOG.COM
2004 G35 Coupe - Black/Black 6MT - Chrome 7-Spoke Wheels - Aero Kit & Package w/spoiler - Tint - Alpine System - Body Side Molding

Old 04-27-2004, 02:07 PM

i bought the bulk kit. between the two door, i use little more than half of it. i saw on crutchfield selling for 249. i split with my friend.

I was crazy about doing it, thu end up doing almost every inch of the door. On top of that, i also did the inner panel too. I know, freaky eh? hehehehe

Install will takes some times. Need lotsa patient and be ready to get your hand dirty and cut...hehehe...

g35mt

Old 04-27-2004, 04:05 PM

Check woofersetc.com they have the bulk kit, trunk kit, and door kits for cheap. You can also purchase it from Dynamat's official website. There are other alternatives to Dynamat such as Accumat that g35audioman has used on his ride and there are others of similar quality, but at lower prices.

Does it make a difference? Definitely! You will hear much cleaner bass without the disruption and distortion of bass bouncing off panels, rattling, and other bad acoustical effects. Just recently, a friend did his own custom fiberglass enclosure for his WRX and bolted it to the chassis in the trunk. Without any sound deadening, I can hear rattles and buzzes coming from all sorts of places in his trunk, rear deck, panels, etc... Now he is in the process of finding all the sources and figuring out what to do with them wether it be tightening, reattaching, sound deadening, etc.

<font color=red>Shibal G-Thang</font color=red>
<font color=blue>'04 TB 6MT Graphite: Aero Pkg, Premium</font color=blue>

Old 04-27-2004, 09:43 PM

Another good alternative is Cascade, check it out...

2004 Diamond Graphite Infiniti G35 Sedan
Z Intake Tube
5% Tint
ZAINO