Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The definitive PAC Sat AUX IPod Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The definitive PAC Sat AUX IPod Thread

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's got these questions.. but if we can get some definitive answers.. it will help prevent all the crazy threads.

Anyone who knows the answers, please post and I'll edit the original message to include the responses. Then maybe we can sticky it for everyone??

1)How does PAC Sat Input hook up to the IPOD?

2)How does the IPOD's controls get used by the Steering Wheel Audio Controls?

3)What about the power for the IPOD battery?

4)Does the stock Bose (Clarion) headunit display song/folder names on the display?

5)How much is the PAC AUX unit going to cost?

If you guys can think of any other questions you think should be added, then I'll throw them in.

2004 G35s 5AT DG/Graphite/Premium/Huper Optik Tint

Old 04-27-2004, 02:42 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Re: The definitive PAC Sat AUX IPod Thread

1) the PAC-AUX Model AAI-NIS - will connect to the Line-Out or Headphone Jack of your ipod
2) If the ipod has IR controls, then the PAC SWI-X would probably be able to utilize the steering wheel controls. Otherwise, dont count on it.
3) Get a 12V DC charger/Adapter for your ipod and route the wire so thats its hidden.
4) The stock Clarion HU does display those but only for Satellite radio and digital radio stations (supposedly...but from my experience it doesnt)
5) PAC AUX will cost between $75 and $100 most likely, thats what their other Aux connectors generally cost.
visit http://www.pac-audio.com for more info.

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake

Old 04-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

Thanks Rambo!

Though I can tell you right now given #4's response.. it will NOT work for me.. especially considering I don't actually OWN an IPOD.. so that would be about 300-400 for a nice one... which is about the cost of the dash kit.

2004 G35s 5AT DG/Graphite/Premium/Huper Optik Tint

Old 05-07-2004, 12:10 PM

Thought I would update this definitive post and let you all know that the units are supposed to be shipping next week to dealers. I have already placed my order and expect them here within 12 days time max. I ordered a few pcs to stock them with me.

If you need details, let me know.
Thanks.

---------------------------------
**** Official PAC Aux Input Dealer!!! ****
PM me for more info...

Navi-Conversion Kits at Discounted Pricing
*Authorized AV Electronic Dealer*

Old 05-07-2004, 01:38 PM

I think you have the wrong idea. The PAC Aux Adapter is just what the name implies and is not a full solution for an iPod.

it is just an adapter with 2 sets of RCA inputs or stereo inputs. Any kind of steering wheel controls or song name info is not related to this product.

but it DOES have an optional connection for the PAC SWI-X which is a adapter to control mp3/CD players that use an IR remote. the SWI-X is sold separately of course

hope that clears things up a little

Old 05-07-2004, 01:48 PM

Oops... I posted this info thinking that this was info for the Aux in adapters... i missed the "Ipod" part.... Sorry for any confusion.

PM me for more info...

Old 05-07-2004, 07:56 PM

What PAC needs to do to get us going is build a different version of the SWI-X that, instead of having an IR interface, interfaces with an iPOD instead.

Would be nice to have track titles but I can live without that if I have steering wheel controls.

Old 05-12-2004, 10:17 AM

From what I know the IceLink unit is going to be very nice for most drivers. It interfaces directly through the firewire port on the iPod and connects to most factory headunits...

As a side note - I sold MANY PAC Aux in units already... Still a very high demand for these as well.

PM me for more info...

Old 05-16-2004, 10:38 AM

are these avaliable yet?

Old 05-16-2004, 01:14 PM

For those who already contacted me - I am still awaiting my shipment from PAC.

Now for the other news:
I applied for distribution rights on the Dension IceLink. I got them. I am now allowed to re-sell the IceLink units... Problem is that the Nissan adapter had some issues in the past, and they have halted production to do a complete design change. Here is the email I got from my rep:

"Nissans are hopeless - the adapters are sold out, and will not be manufactured until it is re-engineered to include compatibility for the newer modes."

That's it... I thought I would let you all know since I know some of you are waiting. I think there is one other company who making a product similar to this... But I don't think it is as feature-rich as the Dension.

Regards.

PM me for more info...

Old 06-08-2004, 01:05 AM

Still a little hazy on this stuff
1) which is better if you have an ipod icelink or the PAC
2) i suck at car installation stuff, how much do you think it would cost to get it professionally installed?

Old 06-08-2004, 06:21 AM

the install is pretty lengthy because you have to take the head unit out.. and this requires a lot of work (taking out both the drivers and passengers side underbodies) but if you take it to a professional who has taken this apart.. it really shouldnt cost too much.. at most 50 dollars? if you have good instructions.. which i am sure are floating around on the internet.. you can do it yourself with a couple screwdrivers and confidence though..

i have the PAC input on my car with a 2nd generation ipod. I think its great.. i think the denison is supposedly going to be more feature rich for the ipod but who knows when that will be out...

btw.. i watched JT (audio and accessories) take apart and reassemble my head unit around 3 times.. im pretty confident i can help anyone take apart their dash if they needed to install the PAC. its really not too difficult. I also have a service manual that would help the job too... so if anyone is in the orange county area and wouldnt mind a drive to irvine, i would be more than willing to spend an afternoon helping a fellow G member install that AUX input, corroboratively of course. (for free!) =)

2003.5 G35s Black/Black Premium/Sport/Aero