Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JL Audio Stealth Box

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JL Audio Stealth Box

I inquired about this box w/JL Audio and this is the response I recieved for those that are interested. JL Audio stuff is the best in my opinion...
Yes, we're working on a new Stealthbox model for the G35 Coupe. However it's not close enough to completion to give you an availability date or pricing. My best guess would be 3 months and pricing close to other Stealthboxes of similar size (500-600). So far the design looks like a single 12 inch woofer downfiring under the trunk floor on the driver's side. This will retain as much of the usable trunk space as possible while still delivering some solid bottom end bass. Good luck with your G35 project, and thanks for your interest in Stealthbox!
Sincerely,
Don Vertrees

Old 05-04-2004, 02:58 PM
JL Audio Stealth Box

I inquired about this box w/JL Audio and this is the response I recieved for those that are interested. JL Audio stuff is the best in my opinion...
Yes, we're working on a new Stealthbox model for the G35 Coupe. However it's not close enough to completion to give you an availability date or pricing. My best guess would be 3 months and pricing close to other Stealthboxes of similar size (500-600). So far the design looks like a single 12 inch woofer downfiring under the trunk floor on the driver's side. This will retain as much of the usable trunk space as possible while still delivering some solid bottom end bass. Good luck with your G35 project, and thanks for your interest in Stealthbox!
Sincerely,
Don Vertrees

Old 05-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Re: JL Audio Stealth Box

This is awesome! I wish they had this months ago when I was doing my own car audio upgrade research. Wonder if the stealthbox will fit the 12W7?

<font color=red>Shibal G-Thang</font color=red>
<font color=blue>'04 TB 6MT Graphite: Aero Pkg, Premium</font color=blue>

Old 05-04-2004, 04:20 PM
Black 2004 G35 6MT, chrome wheels, black, still pristine

I thought (to keep the price down somewhat) they put W3's and W6's in the stealthboxes. Maybe I'm wrong. Put a 12W7 firing down on your gas tank, and we'll see ya on an early July 4. Dang - that would be some SERIOUS bass.

The Bamadog
BAMADOG.COM
2004 G35 Coupe - Black/Black 6MT - Chrome 7-Spoke Wheels - Aero Kit & Package w/spoiler - Tint - Alpine System - Body Side Molding

Old 05-04-2004, 05:22 PM

Awesome! I'm glad I wrote them and glad I waited. Thanks Anon. Sounds like it will sit right on top of the floor but under the carpet. That must mean the Bose Amp must be moved as it's currently under there. I hope it will still work with the Bose system. I hope the mat won't need to be cut too. Sounds like they're copying BlkSnake's design.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/ebay_blksnake/index.html

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but chin spoiler/Z Tube-Popcharger/Crawford V5 Plenum on the way

Old 05-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Black 2004 G35 6MT, chrome wheels, black, still pristine

I'd get it, but I just can't wait that long, dang it....

The Bamadog
BAMADOG.COM
2004 G35 Coupe - Black/Black 6MT - Chrome 7-Spoke Wheels - Aero Kit & Package w/spoiler - Tint - Alpine System - Body Side Molding

Old 05-05-2004, 12:36 PM

I've seen the space down there under the carpet and I can't imagine how they are going to squeeze out enough volume for a 12W7, so this is probably just a pipe dream. When JL says downfiring, this means that it will fire down towards the gas tank???? Wonder how this will sound..... Can we say dynamat???

<font color=red>Shibal G-Thang</font color=red>
<font color=blue>'04 TB 6MT Graphite: Aero Pkg, Premium</font color=blue>

Old 05-05-2004, 12:46 PM

JL wouldn't put anything out that didn't sound good. They have engineers researching and developing accurate, top-notch boxes, not some kid at a car audio store screwing a box together and cutting holes in it. Far from a pipe dream.

Old 05-05-2004, 12:46 PM

JL wouldn't put anything out that didn't sound good. They have engineers researching and developing accurate, top-notch boxes, not some kid at a car audio store screwing a box together and cutting holes in it. Far from a pipe dream.

Old 05-05-2004, 01:46 PM

My Audi box absolutely pounded. I trust that what they do will be top notch. But I doubt it will be entirely invisible. I bet it ends up protruding slightly, but whatever they do, it will be better than driving around with no spare and no golf clubs .

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but chin spoiler/Z Tube-Popcharger/Crawford V5 Plenum on the way

Old 05-05-2004, 02:55 PM

don,
keep us up to date if you find out anything.

Old 05-05-2004, 03:30 PM
StreetDeck.com Developer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will this stealth box include the actual woofer or is it just a $500 box?

Old 05-05-2004, 03:47 PM

My $500 Audi Stealth box included two 10" JL speakers. It's a turn key solution, just bolt it on and plug the wires in.

Old 05-05-2004, 03:52 PM

Yes, it includes everything. Plug-n-play...

Old 05-05-2004, 03:52 PM

Yes, it includes everything. Plug-n-play...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JL Audio Stealth Box