Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Interesting CD player problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting CD player problem

Ok, here's my problem which I can't seem to figure out. I drove my car on Monday, no problems. Tuesday morning I left for TX on business, left my car parked where it was the night prior. I come back today & decided I wanted to drive the G, I turn the car on & noticed the radio didn't turn on & my passenger side LED dome light was blown.... weird. Everything seemed to work fine except for the radio & that blown LED which I replaced & works fine now... I checked the fuse for the radio, looked good. Went back to turn the car on, car turns on, radio turns on now but CD player doesn't work at all. The car pretty much acts like I don't have a CD player. I press the eject button & nothing comes up, I press the load button & it says "SELECT CD", I try using the key for the CDs and none of them work. WTF !!!! I tried everything & can't get the CD player to work, I was going to disconnect the battery but I don't have my tools, I will have to try this tomorrow I guess. Anybody know WTF is going on? Should I take it to the dealer? This is very frustrating as all I listen to is CDs. This is very weird, I know nobody drove the car because my wife stayed here & she didn't drive it & nobody else lives here..... THIS SUCKS !!!

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully I can get this fixed.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
if all else fails take off the battery for 12 hrs and let the whole car relearn mabye it will read the player then

Old 08-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by urbnmat
if all else fails take off the battery for 12 hrs and let the whole car relearn mabye it will read the player then
Just disconnected the batt today, will check back on it tomorrow. Hopefully that works, thanks.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:40 PM
if it isnt broken now, it will break in the future. our headunits are notorious for problems with the cd player. i stopped using cds, installed a Pac AAI-NIS2 so i can plug my ipod and havent looked back i suggest you do the same it is very easy

Old 08-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by grazsrootz
if it isnt broken now, it will break in the future. our headunits are notorious for problems with the cd player. i stopped using cds, installed a Pac AAI-NIS2 so i can plug my ipod and havent looked back i suggest you do the same it is very easy
Disconnecting the battery didn't work, I might try & look into getting the PAC AAI-NIS2 though. Is there a fuse for the CD changer? I guess I'ma have to go to the dealer & get this fixed, I'm under warranty so it's coo I just hate driving out there. Thanks guys.