Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

audio installation experts, need your help please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
audio installation experts, need your help please!

Will a regular 2way headunit work with my setup? I am interested in purchasing the new F series Pioneer F-90BT indash. But I'm not sure it will work with how my components are hooked up as of currently. Well here's my issue...

I have my components up front bi amped... which means i am completely bypassing the passive xovers that came with em and wiring them directly to my 4 channel amp (jl 450/4). I am using the 3way active xover built into my alpine cda-9833 headunit. This way I have much more control tuning my speakers.

I been wanting to get a new headunit for awhile now but have put up due to this problem. I wasn't sure if I can have a regular 2 way xover headunit will work with my bi-amped components?

I am thinking about turning the xover completely off in the headunit and using the crossovers built in my amp directly to crossover the tweeters and mids? Would that be possible? Or do i have to use the passive xovers that came with my speakers? This is the only thing that is stopping me from buying a new headunit.

It's so rare to find a unit with a built in 3way xover mode... all I see are 2way xovers now... Please help. I don not want to ruin my components by hooking them up this way if this won't work.

Last edited by nyckid; 08-15-2008 at 09:00 PM.