Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

AVH-P4000DVD Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVH-P4000DVD Help

so i just had a double din screen installed. it is the AVH-P4000DVD from pioneer. the guy that did it hooked it up so "the passenger" can watch dvd's, while "I'm" driving. anyways, i put a dvd in and all i get is a blue screen screen. I get audio and DVD controls, but no pictures. is there some sort of setting or something or is it just plain wired wrong.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:41 AM
i just installed my P4000dvd in my car last weekend. it sounds like he never hooked up the bypass switch correctly. there's a green wire comming out of the rear of the unit. it has to be connected to a bypass switch (i got mine's at radioshack) and also grounded to fool the unit to think that it's parked. hope this helps.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:33 AM
hey thanks bro.. turns out i was just bein dumb and didnt look into it enough.. i guess u just have to flip that switch everytime you start the car.. ya, but sick deck though for the money.. definatly a good buy.. epecially the fact that you can watch vids from your ipod or iphone with the ipod hookup, which is nice.. dangerous but nice.. haha.. much appreciated man.. thanks..

Old 08-31-2008, 05:25 PM
are u having problems watchin ipod videos? i got it to play once but now it just looks like its trying to load the videos. what settings do u have it on? (both ipod and pioneer) any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:25 PM
no.. no problems.. i actually had a 5th gen ipod video, and everytime i plugged it in it read, "ERROR - 11" on the deck.. so i went out and bought the new ipod classic, and no problems since.. u just plug it in and hit the menu button and the ipod interface on the deck until ur all the way backed through the menus, and there is a little "Video" button, and from there u jsut select whaever u want.. but like i said before, i have to flip that switch off, then back on everytime i start the car.. maybe thats the prob for u.. not sure.. but i didnt change any settings, so factory defaults should be cool.. i just changed the EQ stuff.. hope this helps..