Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

06 sedan non bose to bose setup?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 sedan non bose to bose setup?

Hello all, I have tried searching but really havent found what I was looking for. I have a 06 sedan and it does NOT have the factory bose system. I really want to use OEM epuipment so I dont want to put in any aftermarket stereo setup. So I guess my question would be is it possible to convert my 06 sedan to the factory bose setup? Is it a direct replacement, meaning out with the old and in with the new, or is it going to require wiring and modifications? Other than going through the dealership where could I get a 05/06 sedan bose setup? What do you think the cost would be to do something like this? The most important question would be is it worth it? Thanks in advance for the help, I know I just asked a ton of questions

Old 08-31-2008, 09:12 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
1. The Bose setup isn't anything you should aspire to install. IMO, it's not any better than the non-Bose system. There is a reason everyone wants to replace some or all of the Bose system.

2. It isn't a plug and play swap. All of the speakers and the radio are different, as is the wiring harness. It would require too much money and effort to convert it and I doubt a dealer would ever agree to do it for you. If they did agree to do it, it would be very cost prohibitive.

3. If you want stock, keep the factory radio, add a small 4 or 5 channel amp, upgrade the speakers, and add a modest sub and enclosure in the trunk. The results will sound better and will be cheaper. The interior will look stock and only the sub enclosure and maybe the amp will show in the trunk. It will also be cheaper than trying to install the Bose system.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for covering all my questions, I guess I may just hold off for a while on a upgrade, I think I will take you advice and just upgrade the speakers and add a amp sometime down the road.