Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Location of stock tweet XO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Location of stock tweet XO

Anybody have a pic or a description of the location of the cap that highpasses the tweet on the stock bose system? Up front somewhere, I assume?

Old 09-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The tweeter is enclosed in the sail cover in the lower corner of the front windows. Pull the door covers and you'll have access to remove the sail grille covers.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Boston
The tweeter is enclosed in the sail cover in the lower corner of the front windows. Pull the door covers and you'll have access to remove the sail grille covers.
Ah ha. Thanks for the info, that is what I had hoped for. There is essentially 0 risk of replacing the front components and accidentally keeping the XO.

Found this for posterity:

Old 09-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah just replaced them last week. If you look on the service manual, both wires gonig to the tweeter and woofer are straight from the amp. They're just parallel.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by roots4x
Yeah just replaced them last week. If you look on the service manual, both wires gonig to the tweeter and woofer are straight from the amp. They're just parallel.
Fan-freaking-tastic. If there's one thing I like being, it's being lazy.

Do they happen to make a wiring harness that plugs into the OEM "output" harness for the bose amp?

i.e. install a 4-channel amp in the trunk, replace the bose amp, and use the factory wiring without splicing/cutting or otherwise destroying the oem wiring?

Last edited by lancer; 09-17-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:31 PM
I've searched far and wide for harnesses that would fit in the rear trunk bose amp harness and harnesses for the speaker connectors. There is NOTHING. It seems like the harness is very similar to some GM HU connectors so I was thinking of picking up a GM harness but it probably won't work.

If you wanna be minimally invasive, just cut off the plastic insulators from the wires and solder on your wire to splice. Tape off and run your amp completely disconnected from the Bose amp. When you want to return to stock, just disconnect all your stereo connections or just cut off the spliced wires and reconnect the bose harness. That's basically what I did.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah I was thinking maybe I could do some quick-connect terminals mated to the actual harness (spade connectors) or something. I just really hate chopping up OEM wire.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:22 PM
That wouldn't be stable enough. It's not really a big deal going into the factory harness. If you just solder onto the wires you're not really chopping it up, just tapping. If you really are against going into the wires, you could find a spare bose amp, open it up, chop off the connector, and make a break out box with it. some of the older nissan bose amps have the same connectors. Even some old GM bose amps do.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm almost positive that the Bose amp contains all of the crossovers and eq'ing for the entire system. It's probably all digital, judging from the time I opened up my old amp.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by digitalhifinet
I'm almost positive that the Bose amp contains all of the crossovers and eq'ing for the entire system. It's probably all digital, judging from the time I opened up my old amp.
I was more concerned about using OEM wiring that had an inline cap in it or something of that nature, i.e. for the tweet. I am planning on replacing the Bose amp. I imagine the Bose probably lowpasses the 6x9s and highpasses the fronts internally, and does some EQing, so no big deal when it is out.

And yeah, I will probably end up just tapping the oem wire.