Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Installing subs/amp, HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2008 | 09:14 PM
|
Installing subs/amp, HELP!

Hey guys,

I just picked up 2 12" Type-R's, a type-1 box, and a Sony 1200 watt amp. I will be doing the installation myself, and I was hoping for some tips.

1) The previous owner of the box/subs wired them in series. What do I need to do to make sure that everything works as it should?

2) I do NOT have a Bose system. How does that change the complexity of the installation? For those that are not familiar, a non-Bose system has 4 door speakers and two small tweeters (I think that's what they are) by the side mirrors. I have no factory amp.

3) Can someone run me through the sequence of what to do behind the headunit? Do I even need to remove the headunit (I'm assume so)?

4) My friend recommended that I use a line out converter, but in another thread I received advice that this is not necessary for G35's. Can anyone shed some more light on this becasue that quote was based off of the assumption that I had a Bose system.

Thanks for the help, and go easy on me. This is my first foray into the audio world.

Last edited by MM_G3520; 02-24-2011 at 04:59 AM.