Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Audio Newbie here: 1 question for u pro's and pro's alike

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio Newbie here: 1 question for u pro's and pro's alike

I dont like to show off s#!t i have esp. audio for some reason people like to steal audio equipment. but any ways this the a special name for box enclosures that the speaker face the rear seats?

i seen this in a guys car where the speakers are only seen when he folds down the rear seat. I like that cuz it keep unwanted visual attention (obviously ur still going to attract attention bumpin) if u can help me out where i can get sub enclosures made or that is pre made for the coupe?

Old 09-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Does the enclosure have a backing to it or is it open so you can see the magnet when the trunk is opened? If so, it's called infinite baffle and it is just one board, or baffle that the subs mount on and you have to seal the back waves from the front waves.

If not, then I'm assuming if the enclosure has a back to it and all sides, it is a wedge style enclosure that faces the rear seats and has a beauty panel to make it look like there is nothing there, rather it looks like it's the back of the trunk.

Ever thought of doing a false floor? It's where you raise the floor of the trunk by a few inches and put the sub, amps, etc where the spare tire and the floor of the trunk is...completely hidden.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was talkin about wat u mentioned the 2nd paragraph... but yea is there pix or other member on here that have this setup?

the guy i seen had the speaker magnets facing the back of the rear seat and a opening where the arm rest goes.

that last thing i wasnt sure of having a speaker that far away wouldnt sound good....