Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 ohm impedance door speaker options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BKZJAYY718
^^
well i really don't know much about audio.but i was wondering if i could add like 1 10" sub w/ a amp and run this off of my stock HU ? along with upgrading my door speakers.. or its best to just wait it out and buy a single or double din to give the speakers its true power ?
Yes, you can add a sub and amp to your stock system. Read the sticky thread to tell you all about it. https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...g35-coupe.html

Old 10-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by angrybulldog
hey there Nismoboy, hey I just got these same speakers. I'm a newbie to this aftermarket install stuff, but so far so good.

but I guess i have to mount these to something (mdf)? the stock bose front door speakers on my g35S sedan are much bigger than these.

how do install these? any advice?
yea it's suggested to get spacers.. but i didnt.. i kinda made my own custom spacer with the plastic rings that came with the infinity speakers.. other than that its a pretty simple install

Old 10-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Nismoboy
yea it's suggested to get spacers.. but i didnt.. i kinda made my own custom spacer with the plastic rings that came with the infinity speakers.. other than that its a pretty simple install
do you hear a big difference in the upgrade of speakers ? also how many speakers did you replace ?

Old 10-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Gilley
Yes, you can add a sub and amp to your stock system. Read the sticky thread to tell you all about it. https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...g35-coupe.html
CAN I RUN TWO JL 10" W3's WITH A JL AMP 500/1 ?

Old 10-12-2008, 12:50 PM
do you hear a big difference in the upgrade of speakers ? also how many speakers did you replace ?
oh yea... definitely sounds much clearer and louder.. gotta consider i have them amped also (jl 500/5).. if their being used on the bose amp.. im sure they'll still sound awesome too

and i replaced my fronts the the reference components and the rear panels with the reference coax's.. and i removed the rear deck speakers

Old 10-12-2008, 01:19 PM
CAN I RUN TWO JL 10" W3's WITH A JL AMP 500/1 ?
yea.. you can.. but each sub will only get roughly 250w rms each.. those subs can handle around 500w rms.. so you may be underpowering it a lil.. you might be better off just getting one.. saves space and a lil money too lol.. just a thought

Old 10-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Question Please help with 07 g35 Sedan audio install

...and i replaced my fronts the the reference components and the rear panels with the reference coax's.. and i removed the rear deck speakers
Nismoboy, are you in a 07 g35?

regardless, I could use some clarification on what I should be running: it looks like I made a mistake on buying the JL Audio ZR csi components, as they're not only unnecessary as the include 6x9's for the rear--but it looks like I should just unplug the rear speakers once I upgrade the fronts?

So here's what equipment I have ready to go, someone please let me know if this will work on my 07 G35 sedan:

Infinity Reference 6020cs
Kicker Solo-Baric L5 Series 08S12L52
Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-2
JL Audio ZR650-Csi

thanks

Last edited by angrybulldog; 10-12-2008 at 01:42 PM. Reason: accidentally hit button
Old 10-12-2008, 01:42 PM

regardless, I could use some clarification on what I should be running: it looks like I made a mistake on buying the JL Audio ZR components, as they're not only unnecessary as the include 6x9's for the rear--but it looks like I should just unplug the rear speakers once I upgrade the fronts?

So here's what equipment I have ready to go, let me know if this will work:

nah im in a 03 coupe..

um.. im not exactly sure what you're asking.. which ZR components do you have?? if they're the 6.5" ones.. those should fit fine in the front.. might need a spacer but thats all really.. you should have to buy another component set unless you just absolutely want to

oh and are you running the bose amp still?? or aftermarket??

Old 10-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Question update on my question

nah im in a 03 coupe..

um.. im not exactly sure what you're asking.. which ZR components do you have?? if they're the 6.5" ones.. those should fit fine in the front.. might need a spacer but thats all really.. you should have to buy another component set unless you just absolutely want to

oh and are you running the bose amp still?? or aftermarket??

wow, you're fast, ... i actually hit the button too soon. see my edited post.

I think I erred in buying the JL ZR650 csi components.

also, I had what looks like two sets of tweeters: one in the pillar and another in the door. so should I replace both sets or just one?

Old 10-12-2008, 02:18 PM

regardless, I could use some clarification on what I should be running: it looks like I made a mistake on buying the JL Audio ZR csi components, as they're not only unnecessary as the include 6x9's for the rear--but it looks like I should just unplug the rear speakers once I upgrade the fronts?

So here's what equipment I have ready to go, someone please let me know if this will work on my 07 G35 sedan:

Kicker Solo-Baric L5 Series 08S12L52
Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-2
JL Audio ZR650-Csi

thanks
from what i see.. it seems like it should be fine.. the only thing i see that if you're running the front and rear speakers off the bose amp the power going to the rear JL's (assuming they're going in the rears) will be cut in half because they're 4ohm speakers.. the infinity's are 2 ohm so those will match the bose fine

having less power in the rear might actually not be a bad thing either.. because you'd want more of the sound up front anyway if soundstaging is a concern

look at my setup.. the jl 500/5 pushes 100w rms each to the front and only 25w rms each to the rear!... thats way less than half.. plus an additional 250w rms to the sub and my car sounds great!

Old 10-15-2008, 01:56 AM
just picked up two Rockford Fosgate P2D410, let me know if you think those subs are cool ?

Last edited by JAYY-G35; 10-16-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:11 PM
so if i want to change the component door speakers, are these the correct and complete steps to do this??? :

1) remove grill and then remove the factory speakers (including tweeter)
2) attach mdf speaker spacer to door (zencloser, etc)
3) connect tweeter and 6 3/4 speaker to existing speaker wire
4) reattach tweeter into factory housing and then replace grill
5) reattach 6 3/4 speaker to mdf spacer and then replace grill

is it necessary to remove door panel to change the door speaker i hope not!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
the speaker grille is part of the door panel. You have to remove the door panel to get to the speakers.

You'll attach the existing speaker wire to the crossover of your new component speakers and then connect the new driver and tweeter to the crossover.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:20 PM
oops just remembered something (after i hit the "submit" button):

if i use component speakers (infinity 6020cs), then i have to install that crossover thing too . where is a good place to install it and if i didn't have to take the door panel off before, do i need to do it now?

Old 10-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Question About those Front Door Speakers ... ?

Originally Posted by Rock-n-ro
so if i want to change the component door speakers, are these the correct and complete steps to do this??? :

1) remove grill and then remove the factory speakers (including tweeter)
2) attach mdf speaker spacer to door (zencloser, etc)
3) connect tweeter and 6 3/4 speaker to existing speaker wire
4) reattach tweeter into factory housing and then replace grill
5) reattach 6 3/4 speaker to mdf spacer and then replace grill

is it necessary to remove door panel to change the door speaker i hope not!
So I'm a little confused about just what exactly Bose did setup in the 07. I removed the door panel to find yet "Another" tweeter? or is that some other component? so there are tweeters in the pillar, the door and (coax?) in the front door?

If I replace the front door setup with the Infinity Ref series (incl crossover), what goes in the door, assuming the tweeter goes in the pillar?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 ohm impedance door speaker options?