Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

iPhone dock in ashtray

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone dock in ashtray

Hey Guys,

I know theres OEM stuff out there that will do what Im looking for but I kinda want to do it myself.

I am putting in my Pioneer F700BT navi unit (along with a tonne of other stuff) and I want to try and put this Dock into the ashtray. I know speck doc has exactly what I need but I already bought the cable. The guys at Spec dock were actually really cool on taking my cable and shipping back my speck dock integrated with my cable.

Anyhow my question is, do you think this dock will fit in the ashtray of my 07 6MT?

Thanks for any advice guys.

SG

Old 10-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, thats a pretty good idea, dont know about fit but i'd be interested in something like that for my 05 mt coupe... tired of all the cool ipod accesories not being compatible with the iphone

Old 10-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
here is an answer to ur questions..

https://g35driver.com/forums/nationa...e-install.html

it works and looks good and all...but the thing is that when im driving and turn...it falls out of the dock..that and since the iphone is in the ashtray...its near the radio...meaning...you have how ur phone is near computer speakers and it makes that ticking noice...its really pissed me off soo i took it out..but all in all i did a iphone install into my factory navi so i can play my music, PANDORA, and i can play my dvds thur my screen...

here is a lil write up on what im talking about.. i had to get a video interface and then that aux input thing soo its a rear view cam and a dvd input and i can play my turns...hope this helps...

Old 10-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
ps...i have the set up in running also chargers my 3G bec its hooked up to a usb charger... hey supergino is that 3g dock the same size as the iphone 1 dock? if it is...then it will work...i would say...take out the lil cup first..and then cut into the back on the door itself....but then again ur going 2 run into problems about it falling out and that noise..soo i say its a waste..good luck