Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

for those with ZEnclosures...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for those with ZEnclosures...

quick question... what's the fitment like as far as how deep into the trunk does it go? does that back of the box touch the backseat? the reason I am asking is because i have my amps mounted directly to my backseat and I would like to know if it will fit flush into the area that its sposed to sit with the amps in that spot. any info will help guys, thanks.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it basically touches the back of the seat. get the box for a single 10" also, this way you can mount the amp on the front. also, the dual 10" enclosure does not really offer enough airspace for ANY 10" woofers.
After woofer displacement you are only getting .3 cubic feet or so per woofer.
People are choking the hell out of their drivers, not realizing that a single 10" in those boxes will typically get just as loud, much lower, and sound better then 2 of the same.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Just ordered one and should have it here saturday, can send pics upon request.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by manbeer
it basically touches the back of the seat. get the box for a single 10" also, this way you can mount the amp on the front. also, the dual 10" enclosure does not really offer enough airspace for ANY 10" woofers.
People are choking the hell out of their drivers, not realizing that a single 10" in those boxes will typically get just as loud, much lower, and sound better then 2 of the same.
well if i decide to buy one itll definitely be the single 10 enclosure since i have a w6v2. the only thing is i have 2 amps (jl 500/1 & 300/4 not sure how wide they are exactly) so i dont know if ill have enough room to mount BOTH of them on each side of the sub if i buy the box with the center-aligned sub. any idea if both amps will fit on both sides?

also, anybody have opinions on the sound quality of this box compared to the 4080?

nchima- pics would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
i have the dual box and yes i do have to say that there isnt really enought airspace for the sub. I got the box for free so i can complain. I have two 10" infiniti's in there with a mono 500.1 rockford..its the black glossy face..its on best buy.com...its the newest one the sell...I dont know the specs on it but they will list it...I didnt think it was going to fit on the back of my seat and i wanted something clear as an install and i didnt want neone stealing my amp with my subs sooo i just put the amp under my passanger seat..its a really nice spot and i dont have any trouble with the clearence...try and it and see if it fits...imdexterrrrr

Old 10-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by lmSteveO
i have the dual box and yes i do have to say that there isnt really enought airspace for the sub. I got the box for free so i can complain. I have two 10" infiniti's in there with a mono 500.1 rockford..its the black glossy face..its on best buy.com...its the newest one the sell...I dont know the specs on it but they will list it...I didnt think it was going to fit on the back of my seat and i wanted something clear as an install and i didnt want neone stealing my amp with my subs sooo i just put the amp under my passanger seat..its a really nice spot and i dont have any trouble with the clearence...try and it and see if it fits...imdexterrrrr
really? under your passenger seat? did you have to take the seat out to bolt it down or is it just tucked freely under there? not to be rude or anything but ive never heard of anyone ever putting their amps underneath the seats. haha. i guess my main goal is to achieve the best sound quality with maximum space possible. if it wasnt for the box that came with the sub when i bought it, i wouldve already went and bought a more "space-efficient" one. but since im not in a hurry, i thought id try to get some research and other people's opinions...

Old 10-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have the 2, 10" box and I say it sits flush but you will have NO space to mount the amp on your rear seat. I took the spare tire out and installed the amps in that area.. Looks clean, the only thing I exchanged was tire for amps.. I thought of it this way, if my tire goes flat.. call a loved one!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:06 AM
i actually have the 2 - 10's and i have my rockford fosgate punch mounted to the back seats and to me it fits snug...

fyi...

i am selling my box with the 2 - 10's and the punch 350.
bought it new last november ($550) and im upgrading to 10w6 so i am going to sell it all for $275.

first come first served.

the box has two Pioneer 10's DVC 800watt.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Manny2ksi
i actually have the 2 - 10's and i have my rockford fosgate punch mounted to the back seats and to me it fits snug...

fyi...

i am selling my box with the 2 - 10's and the punch 350.
bought it new last november ($550) and im upgrading to 10w6 so i am going to sell it all for $275.

first come first served.

the box has two Pioneer 10's DVC 800watt.
i dont need a box for 2 10s, but id like to see what the clearance is like from the back of the box to the backseat if you have your amp mounted there. is it possible that you have pics of the setup?

Old 10-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Oh, that is crazy how you have the amp mounted on the back of the rear seat because to me, it seems like a really tight fit. The amp wouldn't be able to breath! But your box sits flush or is it outward a little?

Old 10-16-2008, 07:10 PM
I have the 10"X2 box and it's flush, and I have a JBL amp on the back seat. Everythings fine here.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by manbeer

Lets see .8 cubic feet per chamber on the Zenclosure box, a 10w6v2 needs 0.625 plus the displacment of the sub 0.068 equal .693 cubic feet. Where is the choking. I had 2 10w6v2 in the Zenclosure box and that sh*t hit better than my 10w7 and was much cleaner, just my 2 cents.

imdexterrrrr depending on your amp it will fit, here is my old setup and I had my third amp behind the box. The bottom of the box goes up tight but if you mount the amp towards the top of the back of the seat it will fit fine.

Last edited by seddon; 10-16-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by paky786
Oh, that is crazy how you have the amp mounted on the back of the rear seat because to me, it seems like a really tight fit. The amp wouldn't be able to breath! But your box sits flush or is it outward a little?
the box is definitly not completly flushed.
i would say it stick out a little...

Attached Thumbnails for those with ZEnclosures...-two-10inch-subs1.jpg  
Old 10-17-2008, 06:53 PM
thanks for all the info and pics guys... i think im gonna go head and get a zenclosure box simply cyz itll free up so much space in my trunk. and if it doesnt sit completely flush, im sure id be able to live with that too.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why don't you just get the 4080 box? Will solve all the problems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.