Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

HIGH Distortion and STATIC noise! HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
HIGH Distortion and STATIC noise! HELP

I have the bose headunit with 4 channel amp going to 6.5 components front and 6x9's rear shelf..

Okay, so I was changing out my front driver speaker because it suddenly stopped working (it was cause I had issues with it before too) and while my car was still "on" and the music was still playing, my speaker was still connected and when I took the speaker out of the hole.. The magnet stuck on to the metal part of the body and as soon as that happened, I got this loud static noise and my speakers sound like they are blown..... I don't know really what happened but I tried switching out the amp to see if it was that, but that noise was still there.. What could it be?

Tomorrow, this is what I'm going to do to try and limit where I went wrong.
-First get factory 6x9 bose and connect it to the aftermarket amp while the rest speakers are disconnected, than if that still has issues.. I will disconnect the aftermarket amp, put back in the original bose amp and connect it to the stock speaker up front.. If that still doesn't work, I"m fvcked? And if that does work, than what the hell would it be? lol im so fvcked

Old 10-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, its not the speakers.. and its not the amp.... So, I believe it is the headunit.. Because I checked the the original bose amp and stock speaker to and it still has the static noise with distortion. Is there any fuse for the headunit itself, or no? And how bout if I disconnect and then reconnect the headunit, could that work?