Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Pics of the coupe box!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 01:52 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Pics of the coupe box!

you shouldnt really put a box on the passenger's side because the tools and jack are in there, plus your subs will sound like crap because they will be hitting towards each other.... very bad sound waves! (with 1 sub drivers side, 1 pass. side)

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

Old 05-24-2004, 03:06 PM

I remember reading somewhere where it will work if the two subs are out of phase with each other or maybe that's something else. Perhaps a slight angle upwards will help so they don't point directly at each other.

The 10W7 enclosure can be done without taking up additional trunk space, but the enclosure needs to extend down under the trunk floor panels and below to get the 1.25 cubic ft. of volume needed by the 10W7. This would most likely make it impractical to remove, but would be a much cleaner and a space saving design. Scobic has this setup I believe and so do I. I hate golf, so I'm not cryin over not being able to stow golf bags.

On another note, if someone is going to add a sub and amp, might as well take out that sorry azz Blose amp out as well and put in a better aftermarket amp for the components. I'm sure most people will upgrade their audio all at once and not do piecemeal upgrades which will take more time and $$$ to do.

I think a nice setup would be a 10W7 on the drivers side and another custom enclosure with a 8W7. A JL 500/1 and a JL 250/1 should work fine with those subs.

<font color=red>Shibal G-Thang</font color=red>
<font color=blue>'04 TB 6MT Graphite: Aero Pkg, Premium</font color=blue>

Old 05-24-2004, 10:00 PM

Let me try to answer all the questions at one time. We are planning some type of quick disconnect. You will be able to remove the enclosure under 10 seconds. As far as a golf bag fitting, I will need to get one from a friend since I do not golf, only tennis. On the topic of building a matching enclosure on the pass side, that is possible but will not exactly match do to the fuel neck location. The box on the pass side would protrude out a little more than the driver to compensate for air space requirements. It is possible but lets get the driver side out to you guys first. If its not enough bass then we will offer the pass box for you bass heads. I think these are the major concerns answered. Ask me more and I will answer!

Old 05-24-2004, 11:33 PM

Im interested in this box too. Right now I have a JL microsub stuffed into that same corner. It sounds pretty good but I think a 10" sub would sound much better.

Old 05-25-2004, 12:30 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

you shouldnt really put a box on the passenger's side because the tools and jack are in there, plus your subs will sound like crap because they will be hitting towards each other.... very bad sound waves! (with 1 sub drivers side, 1 pass. side)

<hr></blockquote>I have two fiberglass enclosures on each side behind each wheel well. It sounds absolutely fantastic. No "bad sound waves" at all. I was prepared to just toss one of the subs out if it didn't sound good, but it works VERY well. It's simple to compare the quality versus just one sub - disconnect the other one.

I couldn't be more pleased with the sound. Powerful, rich, clean bass. I urge you to actually try it out or listen to such a setup in this car before rejecting the idea.

It is true that the tools are there. My enclosure goes all the way to the "floor". I removed the tools. Roadside assistance will have those. It's the spare itself I didn't want to be without.

Here's a great thread about this subject on <a href="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&threadm=20011130173024.22728.00000157%4 0mb-fc.aol.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26safe%3Doff%26selm%3D20011130173024.22728.00000 157%2540mb-fc.aol.com">rec.audio.car</a>. It seems the wavelength of subwoofer-range frequencies are much too long for there to be cancellation from them facing each other in your trunk. They work together to create pressure in the cabin where you hear the bass.

-- Rob

Old 05-25-2004, 12:31 AM

I would be very interested in this box. I am looking forward to more details.

2003 G35c/5AT/BS-Graphite/Prem/Aero/Splash/NISMO sway bars/JWT Popcharger/Z-Tube

Old 05-25-2004, 01:22 AM

i'm just trying to think what will sound good with this box when i hopefully get it... what do you guys think of a jl 10w3v2 and a 300/2 powering it? i don't have my car yet or the box obviously so i'd like some info on if you think this will provide quality sound but also hits hard at the same time. any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 05-25-2004, 08:09 AM

Don't bother testing whether the clubs will fit or not. They will not fit. They barely fit as it is. That's why a quick disconnect would be so awesome.

Side note: I found it easier to put the clubs in a different way anyway, making this issue moot. I fold down the rear seat and put the clubs in laterally from the passenger side. Even two sets fit very easily this way. Now, when I put an amp on the back of the seat I'm not sure what will happen, but in my old Audi I used to put clubs on top of the amp all the time and never had a problem. 7 a.m. Sunday morning I rarely am pounding Limp Bizkit anyway and on your way to the course you should have silence while you visualize your coil anyway.

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5

Old 05-25-2004, 09:17 AM

Just tell me how long before this thing goes to production and how much... =)

One of my requirements is to able to fit golf clubs... but now with this setup, I am able to fold down my rear seats and put two golf clubs... I don't mind at all....

G35c, 5AT, NAV
INJEN CAI, Borla TD Exhaust, Grounding Kit
Kinetix Plenum, Hi-Flow CAT, Front Lip Spoiler
8000K HID, PIAA 7500K SPARK BLUE
Focal 165K2P, E10A.22, Eclipse HU, Nav-Tuner

Old 05-25-2004, 09:18 AM

I'm very interested in this as well. Please keep us updated!

Old 05-25-2004, 12:36 PM

Set up the PayPal account. I'll pay right now to get one off of the first production run. I don't play golf, so that testing is not req'd to satisfy me.

craig

"God, Schmod, I want my monkey man!!"
------
Craig Ramseur
G35C/5AT/BlkOb/Graphite/17"
PhxGold/Focal/AudioControlEQ/Basslink
Z-Xtreme Grounds/Z-Tube&PopCharger

Old 05-25-2004, 12:41 PM

I DO HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT BUT I DO NOT HAVE THE PRICE LAID DOWN YET. BY NEXT WEEK WE WILL HAVE THE MOLDS COMPLETED AND THEN WE WILL BE ABLE TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH MATERIAL WE ARE USING AS WELL AS HOW MUCH IT WEIGHS AND THE TIME INVOLVED. I APPRECIATE EVERYONES ANTICIPATION AND I HOPE TO HAVE THIS RUNNING SMOOTHLY ASAP.

Old 05-25-2004, 01:31 PM

THE 10W6 WOULD WORK GREAT WITH THIS ENCLOSURE. I WOULD GO WITH THE JL 250/1 AMP. IT IS A D-CLASS AMP SO IT WILL RUN COOLER AND IS MORE EFFICIENT.

Old 05-25-2004, 09:24 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

So will you possibly make an eclosure for the passenger side? I bought two 10's already a few months back that are sitting in my garage waiting for install.

Ivory Pearl coupe

Old 05-26-2004, 05:22 PM

Will any of the trunk interior trim need to be cut? If so, where? I'm assuming it will if it will fit that closely. I suppose it's not that big of a deal since it's a custom box, no use keeping it when selling the car anyway, but just curious what kind of feasibility and effort would be required to return the configuration to stock.

Just trying to make sure I've weighed all the pros and cons against getting the soon to be released JL Stealth box.

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of the coupe box!