Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

getting desperate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getting desperate

hi guys. I live in London and have just bought a g35 that was imported here from Japan. We havent had the car officially released in this country yet. It came with the standard fit anti theft system. Now it has develoed a problem. When I park at home over night it sometimes will not start in the morning. the ignition lights etc will light up but on the last turn of the key the car will turn over but not fire up. I have had a couple of people look at it and nobody has a clue. I spoke to Nissan ( or infiniti to you) and they said that maybe I lived near a mobile phone aeriel and that was interfearing with the receiver in the immobiliser. I asked what I could do with it and they suggested moving house! helpful right! dors anybody out there have any suggestions as to what I could try to sort this out? It is really driving me nuts. the other thing is that later in the day, the car will always start. thanks guys.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:39 PM
mov
Originally Posted by paulhappvincent
hi guys. I live in London and have just bought a g35 that was imported here from Japan. We havent had the car officially released in this country yet. It came with the standard fit anti theft system. Now it has develoed a problem. When I park at home over night it sometimes will not start in the morning. the ignition lights etc will light up but on the last turn of the key the car will turn over but not fire up. I have had a couple of people look at it and nobody has a clue. I spoke to Nissan ( or infiniti to you) and they said that maybe I lived near a mobile phone aeriel and that was interfearing with the receiver in the immobiliser. I asked what I could do with it and they suggested moving house! helpful right! dors anybody out there have any suggestions as to what I could try to sort this out? It is really driving me nuts. the other thing is that later in the day, the car will always start. thanks guys.

i would try changing the battery first, mine lasted a fortnight youll be supprised how small they are, if its on its way out it will show on the cool mornings first

Old 10-27-2008, 04:43 PM
I will try that. I have had a man from Nissan come round and plug his little computer into the car. That said that I had a history of about 12 key problems. It didnt get the chip signal from the key at all or it said that the key code was the wrong one. I can get a new key but through nissan it will cost over £300! plus then having the key recoded and having the key cut to fit the ignition. nice!

Old 10-27-2008, 05:34 PM
You can get a new key online off of ebay for like £50 or less and get it reprogrammed. And then just get it cut at a locksmith!

Last edited by Ghettoblaster; 10-27-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:58 PM
I will have a look on ebay. usually look in usa. might be worth a few quid to find out if it will be compatible or not. by the way, where did you get your new battery from? as I think this will be a long crap winter, having a strong new battery seems likea good idea.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:33 PM
mov
Originally Posted by paulhappvincent
I will have a look on ebay. usually look in usa. might be worth a few quid to find out if it will be compatible or not. by the way, where did you get your new battery from? as I think this will be a long crap winter, having a strong new battery seems likea good idea.
motosave but be careful as the terminals are a lot narrower than standard they charged me about 50 quid

Old 11-03-2008, 05:34 AM
I have ordered a new battery now. I have only just got the car so teh garage where I got it have told Nissan uk to get anything they need from Japan to fix the problem. It will still take a while but I have Nissan on the case now. It did take a while for them to fully register the car on their system though. Fingers crossed it will all be sorted soon. Driving a borrowed 205 diesel is not really the way forward!