G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

A few problems I have questions about

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 05:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A few problems I have questions about

Hey guys,
I have an 03' G35 coupe with about 64,000 miles on it.
The world of problems have came to me since I got it about 4 years ago in December of 2011 with almost 2,000 miles. I'm assuming some of it came from the previous owner just letting it sit in the garage for all those years. Theres many things wrong with the car like the drivers door lock only working with the physical key, sunroof getting stuck, fuel door not locking, and windshield sprayers not spraying.

One thing I have a question about is my drivers door window. It will go down no problem, but if I let it go all the way down, it'll get stuck unless I bang on the door. Once I bang on the door, it'll come up about an inch or 2 above the slot and then stop. The motor will not go up anymore on its own, so I have to grab the window and pull it up while holding the switch up. If I let it go all the way up, when I shut the door and it tries to tuck it up into the seal, since the motor cant go up on its own, it'll roll halfway down and stop. That's one.

The next that I'm mostly concerned about is my tire making a "whoop whoop whoop" sound as i'm driving. I've had an alignment done and obviously as I drive faster, the sound gets faster. Its most noticeable when i'm going about 40-45mph. I took it to tires plus and they said that it could be the hub bearing that needs to be changed. I could believe them, but the only thing is they told me that it was my left rear bearing that is going bad (if not already bad), but the sound is definitely a lot louder from the front left tire. I sat in the back seat while someone else drove and definitely heard it less than when I was driving.

Can anyone PLEASE give me input on these 2 issues!? I am desperately needing to get these 2 fixed and I don't know where to start because I don't really trust the first thing I hear from an auto store/shop. I would GREATLY appreciate any feedback!

Old 10-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallsinghjr1
Hey guys,
I have an 03' G35 coupe with about 64,000 miles on it.
The world of problems have came to me since I got it about 4 years ago in December of 2011 with almost 2,000 miles. I'm assuming some of it came from the previous owner just letting it sit in the garage for all those years. Theres many things wrong with the car like the drivers door lock only working with the physical key, sunroof getting stuck, fuel door not locking, and windshield sprayers not spraying.

One thing I have a question about is my drivers door window. It will go down no problem, but if I let it go all the way down, it'll get stuck unless I bang on the door. Once I bang on the door, it'll come up about an inch or 2 above the slot and then stop. The motor will not go up anymore on its own, so I have to grab the window and pull it up while holding the switch up. If I let it go all the way up, when I shut the door and it tries to tuck it up into the seal, since the motor cant go up on its own, it'll roll halfway down and stop. That's one.

The next that I'm mostly concerned about is my tire making a "whoop whoop whoop" sound as i'm driving. I've had an alignment done and obviously as I drive faster, the sound gets faster. Its most noticeable when i'm going about 40-45mph. I took it to tires plus and they said that it could be the hub bearing that needs to be changed. I could believe them, but the only thing is they told me that it was my left rear bearing that is going bad (if not already bad), but the sound is definitely a lot louder from the front left tire. I sat in the back seat while someone else drove and definitely heard it less than when I was driving.

Can anyone PLEASE give me input on these 2 issues!? I am desperately needing to get these 2 fixed and I don't know where to start because I don't really trust the first thing I hear from an auto store/shop. I would GREATLY appreciate any feedback!
In regards to the whoop whoop noise, I would jack up the front of the car and rotate the wheels, while doing that I would look to make sure there are no tread separation humps on the tires due to deterioration. The wheels should not wobble and the tread should look even while rotating them. Listen for bearing noise during the rotation, place your hands 180 degrees apart on the tire in a crisscross pattern and apply opposing force to check for bearing play, there shouldn't be any play. Check for break pad and rotor wear. I would then do the same process for the rear wheels. If you experience brake dragging, you can unbolt your calipers and move them to the side while you troubleshoot. If you do this, you can compress the brake pistons to make sure they are not frozen. It does take time to do all this but it will potentially save you some cash by doing it your self.

As far as the window goes, it looks like you are experiencing a typical problem that is normally resolved by replacing the window motor. Do some searching and you will see a lot of threads on window issues.

Good luck,

Old 10-01-2015, 06:46 PM
For the windshield sprayers, disconnect the hose from the sprayer nozzle and try spraying. If you get a stream from the hose, then your nozzles are clogged. This is not uncommon, clean the nozzles.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:58 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
All older G35's wear the front tires on the inner edge due to the upper control arms not having camber adjustments that would allow you to set the camber to a completely neutral setting.

Turn your front wheels all the way to one side while the car is parked and look at the inner edge of your tires. I bet they are worn down real bad on the inside edge which leads to that sound that you're noticing. This usually happens every 15-30K miles on front tires in our cars (depending on how you drive).

As far as the window is concerned..... take off the inner door cover over and remove the motor. You can actually disassemble it and clean out the insides. There will probably be a bunch of carbon built up in there. Clean it out nicely and put it back together, being very careful not to scrape the shaft against the magnets on the outside of the motor housing. This has worked well for me.

When you try to use your windshield washers, do you hear an electric motor/pump in the engine bay making a noise? If so, try disconnecting the lines for the fluid and blowing them out with light pressure from a regulated compressor line and then reconnecting them and seeing if they work.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by partyman66
All older G35's wear the front tires on the inner edge due to the upper control arms not having camber adjustments that would allow you to set the camber to a completely neutral setting.

Turn your front wheels all the way to one side while the car is parked and look at the inner edge of your tires. I bet they are worn down real bad on the inside edge which leads to that sound that you're noticing. This usually happens every 15-30K miles on front tires in our cars (depending on how you drive).

As far as the window is concerned..... take off the inner door cover over and remove the motor. You can actually disassemble it and clean out the insides. There will probably be a bunch of carbon built up in there. Clean it out nicely and put it back together, being very careful not to scrape the shaft against the magnets on the outside of the motor housing. This has worked well for me.

When you try to use your windshield washers, do you hear an electric motor/pump in the engine bay making a noise? If so, try disconnecting the lines for the fluid and blowing them out with light pressure from a regulated compressor line and then reconnecting them and seeing if they work.
There is no unusual wear on the front tires inner sides. They seem to be wearing pretty evenly. The thing I'm not understanding is that when tires plus did my inspection, they said it was the left rear hub bearing. On the invoice, it says rear left, but in the description for the part right under that, it says "front, one side". The other stuff is minor things, I'm most concerned about the sound coming from when I drive.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dallsinghjr1
There is no unusual wear on the front tires inner sides. They seem to be wearing pretty evenly. The thing I'm not understanding is that when tires plus did my inspection, they said it was the left rear hub bearing. On the invoice, it says rear left, but in the description for the part right under that, it says "front, one side". The other stuff is minor things, I'm most concerned about the sound coming from when I drive.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:40 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
You could always jack the that rear corner of the car up and manually check the wheel for play in the bearing and also spin it and listen for noise. If the bearings are going, you'll hear something and may feel some resistance as well as play in the hub(side to side or back up and down).

I don't really trust mechanics, so whenever something seems suspicious from one, I just assume it is a scam of some sort. This is one of the reasons I encourage those who are capable to do their own work.

The following users liked this post:
Tylko Kazik (09-20-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost my key

Lost my key and i have a spare with small window by the metal on the plastic of the key those this have a chip to i never used it sort of starts the car but doesnt go completely just sounds like the car starts but doesnt start completely
I clutch and turn the key like i would normaly but it doesn't turn on just Sounds like its dying due to battery but not the issue just that i lost my key

Old 09-17-2016, 05:39 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
^^Dafuq??????

Old 09-17-2016, 09:19 AM
^^^^^^^DaFuq??????:confus ed2:

Why start a new thread, right?

Old 09-17-2016, 09:39 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
If the bearing is bad you may as well replace them in pairs as the other side is probably not far off.
The window motor thing is what happened to mine. Most of the failures are with the motor itself, but yours - like mine - sounds like its the plastic gear inside which is broken. It has 3 lugs which fits with a rubber piece to sort of absorb impact if something is stuck in the way of the window.

So your motor works fine but the gear is broken. I tried getting someones window motor with a bad motor so I could use the gear in theirs to fix mine but you might find it easier to just get a whole new motor.

Old 02-08-2022, 12:17 AM
Pos
Originally Posted by wuzz-upp
In regards to the whoop whoop noise, I would jack up the front of the car and rotate the wheels, while doing that I would look to make sure there are no tread separation humps on the tires due to deterioration. The wheels should not wobble and the tread should look even while rotating them. Listen for bearing noise during the rotation, place your hands 180 degrees apart on the tire in a crisscross pattern and apply opposing force to check for bearing play, there shouldn't be any play. Check for break pad and rotor wear. I would then do the same process for the rear wheels. If you experience brake dragging, you can unbolt your calipers and move them to the side while you troubleshoot. If you do this, you can compress the brake pistons to make sure they are not frozen. It does take time to do all this but it will potentially save you some cash by doing it your self.

As far as the window goes, it looks like you are experiencing a typical problem that is normally resolved by replacing the window motor. Do some searching and you will see a lot of threads on window issues.

Good luck,
it wouldn't only be a wheel bearing if there was play up and down could be a ball joint and can tell if the other one is worn too by putting your hands on sides of tire front to back and that would be a different ball joint

Old 02-08-2022, 12:27 AM
Pos
Originally Posted by partyman66

caused by alignment or ball joints or tie rods or someone put lowering springs on it and didn't do the rest of cut the springs

Old 09-08-2023, 12:07 PM
sedan sport
Power windows

Here’s one for you all. Recently brought a 07 Infiniti g35 sedan. Windows doesn’t work, until a couple of days ago I messed with he key fob and all of them went down except driver side window. Tried to get it to go back up with the key fob, didn’t work. The guy I got the car from told me he didn’t know why they don’t work. I figure it was a fuse. So I brought it and went to get it looked at. The shop told me everything is working. From the fuses to to the window motor, window regulator. They charged me 150 to tell me they don’t know. Has anyone ever ran into this problem before, if so please help
sorry to interrupt the thread

Old 09-11-2023, 10:31 PM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
White G35 Coupe 6MT 19" Rays 185K miles
Try checking the full service manuals. I have a copy of them here for the 2005 Coupe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A few problems I have questions about