Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Cd error/dealer replacement question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TroysG
there's some double din car-puters that aren't that badly priced just a matter of finding them. Saw one at the Canadian International Auto Show yesterday, didn't look too bad. didn't play with it though.
how much would you say id be looking at?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:31 AM
low end about 700 mid to high range prolly 1500. I'm ball parking. there's prolly people round here that can give you a more accurate estimate

Old 02-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok so in december they replaced the HU. the new one had the "loose the EQ settings when you turn the car off". it also didnt play RW cd's, and MP3 cd's sounded like s***. they finally put a new one in last friday. when i got back to the car, i couldnt believe what they did. there were wires hanging around my pedals (which the service manager said that i had left that way), the finisher and the upper cubby were scratched to he**. i was fuming. i also saw they had accessed the ECU and other stuff, and didnt put the car back together correctly. the service manager said that i had taken it apart and "left a ribbon cable unplugged & screws missing". (here i was thinking if a ribbon cable was unpulgged, it wouldnt work at all?)
to top it all off, the new radio still doesnt keep the EQ settings either.
i now have a shiny new audio system i bought, so this is all goin for sale. ^^paul35 pm me if your interested, we can make a deal on it
/end garcia infiniti rant.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear of your crap Dealer experience.

I took my G35 in when the battery started to die every other day as a result of the faulty circuit board design. (the CD error had happened about a year prior to that, so I had hooked up the PAC iPod control since then.)

Needless to say, after doing a lot of research here and elsewhere on the web, I came across the whole "CD Error/circuit board design voluntary service campaign nonsence". When the dealer first feigned ignorance, and then that they would do nothing about it as it was out of warranty, I simply purchased (and installed myself) my own DD headunit.

The sad part is that for such a dumb reason, I will now probably look elsewhere first, and most likely purchase, a different make of vehicle when up til then I was completely happy with Infiniti. Definitely a "penny-wise but pound-foolish" decision on their part.

Cheers,
Kev

Old 02-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Quick question. Does the dealer keep your hold HU?

Old 02-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your old one? yeah. it seems theres 2 ways to get it done-
either they take yours out, you have nothing for about 3 weeks (including HVAC)
when the new one comes in, they put it in.
option 2 is they order it, and when it comes in they just swap it in one shot. either way they keep the origional. actually, they send it back to clarion, and they refurbish them.
>>we get refurbished, not new ones