Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

which sub?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which sub?

Ok I know there are a billion of these threads but I didn't see one specifically like this.

I am looking at adding either 1 JL 10w6 v2 or 1 13tw5 sub in the back of my G.

I really like my trunk space so I was thinking the 13tw5 but I really don't want to be disappointed if the bass isn't loud enough. The prices are the same from the installer I am using so that isn't an issue. I will use the JL Slash 500/1 v2 amp on either one. A custom box will be built for it to face backwards towards the trunk.

I have also heard that the 10w3 is a lot of bass for these cars but I haven't been able to hear any G with a sub so I can't determine how much is enough for me....

any help is much appreciated

Old 10-30-2008, 07:24 PM
You have to ask yourself whether you like the sound of a 10" sub or 12" sub better (comprable to the 13"). 10" is nice fast and responsive bass as is the 12" with a deeper sound. Personally judging by the amp, I would go with the 12"v6v2. I like deep bass and JL is crisp and clean. But thats just me. Depends on how much bass you are looking for.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Swerving and Weaving
if you wnna lose your spare tire. i would put in a kicker l7 12" they hit soooooo hard its unreal. i actually have one for 400. lol

Old 11-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I think they will sound about the same

The thinner sub will displace less air and not sound as boomy as the W6 in the larger box.

Id do the w6, you have plenty of wattage to drive it. You can feed it more but you have enough.

The rear deck rattles really easy so you may need to invest in some dynamat/second skin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.