Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock audio help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock audio help please

Hey guys, I just bought a 2006 G35 sedan with the premium package. I am ashamed to listen to the stereo in my car with my friends it sounds so bad. Its just the stock Bose system and all speakers are functional....it just sounds muddy. I've never had any other car that i've wanted to change the stereo in until this one, it wouldn't have been acceptable in my first el cheapo car I bought better yet this expensive of one. I'm gonna change out the 2 front and 2 rear speakers in the car and leave the stock amp and sub alone(sounds good enough for me). I know I have to use 2 ohm speakers with the bose and I have decided to go with the Infinity Kappa's. My question is will the kappa 63.7i fit? Crutchfield says that they will fit the rear and I know that both the front and rears are 6.5 inch speakers. Are these speakers too deep for the front or what? Spec wise they seem to be very close to the ones that crutchfield says will fit the fronts....so i'm confused. If I buy 2 sets of these speakers can I put them in both the front and back. I've been searching for answers but thought someone could chime in real fast, they are on sale and I want to snag them before they sell out. Thanks guys!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 05:42 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Have you messed with the settings to adjust it? Put the bass on +2 and trebble on +5 (and fade to +2 if you want a half assed front stage, better than rear fill )

Old 12-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are getting a muddy sound, you may be looking at more than just a speaker problem. It may be the bose amps. I have the non bose and it sounds pretty good for factory. I've been installing audio for about 10 years and see this problem a lot. Could also be the sorce unit as well. Or like Don says, make sure your trebble isnt to low or bass to high