Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Custom G35 Coupe Stereo Install (Alpine & Infinity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom G35 Coupe Stereo Install (Alpine & Infinity

Hey Everyone! First off, THANK YOU for all the DIY posts and guide. AWESOME docs. I just finished up my install in my coupe. Figured since you all helped me out so much, I'll return the favor. My pics should be ready in a few days.

Here's a few of the project while under way, but it's all finished up now.

List of Equipment:
Stock Headunit
David Navone RCA converter
Infinity Kappa 6 1/2 Components
Infinity Kappa 6 1/2 Coaxials
Alpine MRD-M500 Mono Amp
Alpine MRV-F540 4 channel Amp
Alpine 12" Type R woofer
Stinger Wire, Capacitor, RCAs, Dist Block, Fuse, Etc.
Optima Yellow Top Battery
(2) Bulk Packs of Dynamat Extreme
Custom Amp Rack in trunk
Custom Speakerbox in trunk
Other misc custom work (plexiglass, neon lighting, Etc)

I've got some performance stuff too, but the stereo has been a real work of art. Lots of work though, so far about 60 hours into it. I'll be more than happy to share my designs (visio chart) with measurements/Etc with anyone. I raised 1/2 of the trunk floor 4" only, so most of the trunk is still stock height (had to lose the spare though).

I PROMISE to post the pics in a few days.

Thanks everyone for all your ideas and help too.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by EustaqJA on 06/11/04 02:10 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-11-2004, 06:03 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Re: Custom G35 Coupe Stereo Install (Alpine & Infinity

WOW, looks like a massive overhaul! Hope it sounds good with that stock headunit, perhaps its not too late to add a pre-amp EQ? [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

Old 06-12-2004, 09:40 AM

With the stock EQ, you might seriously want to consider an EQ as ramborami suggested. You will sacrifice a lot of SQ potential by leaving it as is with no equalization.

Sounds like a nice setup though. I look forward to seeing the pics! {smile}

Old 06-13-2004, 07:27 AM

In my last post, i meant to say "with the stock DECK." Just thought i would fix that. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2004, 11:31 AM

OK, as soon as I figure out how to upload pictures I will. Got everything completely done now.

You guys mentioned a Pre-amp EQ... like which one? I'm very pleased with the sound and overall "stock look", but anything that can give me more adjustments would be great.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by EustaqJA on 06/14/04 08:32 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-16-2004, 09:27 AM

Bro,
Can you post pic of how you run wire from your AMP to the door 6.5" component and the rear. What you do with the stock Bose sub?
Ratman

Old 06-17-2004, 12:49 AM
Black 2004 G35 6MT, chrome wheels, black, still pristine
Re: Custom G35 Coupe Stereo Install (Alpine & Infi

I don't know what this guy did, but what I did was run the power wire down the passenger side floorboard, and I ran all of my other wires down the driverside floorboard - this includes 3 interconnect sets, remote turnon for the amp, and 2 sets of wires for the front speakers. I did this in order to tap into the front speakers directly from the wiring harness behind the radio rather than drilling another hole in the doors or getting in that rubber gasket that all the other wires are located. With the rear panel speakers, I DID however, run the speaker wire directly from the amp to the speakers since that path wasn't so difficult. There is honestly no reason to have to run the wires into the doors unless you just HAVE to have it that way, IMO. I have absolutely NO noise in my system and all of my speaker wires are as far away from the power wire as possible. Works and sounds great and there are not wires showing from the body of the car going into the doors....

Hope that helps a little.

The Bamadog
BAMADOG.COM
2004 G35 Coupe - Black/Black 6MT - Chrome 7-Spoke Wheels - Aero Kit & Package w/spoiler - Tint - Alpine System - Body Side Molding

Old 06-17-2004, 01:31 AM
G SQUAD

RATMAN,

ALL and I MEAN ALL of the wires you need from the radio and to the car speakers are centralized at the BOSE amp

How you get to the door speakers is by cutting the wires from the BOSE amp that go to the door speakers ....inside the Door the wires branch off two go to the 6.5" and two to the Tweet which has a very small capacitor attached to it to roll off the low end....

So all you gotta do is get the wires that goto the front doors there will be two for the left and two for the right.....dont worry about the 6.5" and the tweet wires they will be fed from the wires at he BOSE amp going to them....

Spend some time in the DIY section, I know I've personally covered ALL if not most of this on the Coupe end of things...pics galore!..from how to get to all this stuff and take the rear of the car to pieces internally...

and the sedan is not that different....if you do a search will find the wiring diagram from the BOSE Sedan amp...

also try doing a search on Freshalloy.com....trust me all of this has been covered.....

Lexus for my luxury and G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

Old 06-18-2004, 08:18 AM

Thank you all very much, I realy appreciate it.
Ratman

Old 06-18-2004, 05:22 PM

Hey RATMAN, what I did was different. I replaced the whole wire. There is a little whole on the door jam of the car, right under the rubber boot that connects the door wires to the car. It has a little black grommet cover. remove that cover. What I did was cur into the rubber boot (just remove it then cut a hole in it), and ran the new wires into the door.

The passenger side was easy, but the drivers side is a PAIN. You have to remove this bracket with fuses, wiring, Etc next to the emergency brake. When that panel finally comes off, there is a hole into that side of the car, and you can run the wire in the door. I recommend running from the door into the car, not the other way around. Kind of a tough job, but well worth the wait.

AGAIN, If some one can help me figure out the pictures, I'll post everything. Seriously, I manage an IT team and still can't seem to find out how to post pictures here... just doesn't seem to be working. HELP!?!?!?

Joe

Old 06-18-2004, 05:31 PM

Attempt at adding pictures.... here goes!

280823-trunk1.jpg

Old 06-18-2004, 05:32 PM

Without Carpet Cover...

280825-trunk2.jpg

Old 06-18-2004, 05:32 PM

more...

280826-trunk3.jpg

Old 06-18-2004, 05:35 PM

before covers are in place...

280832-trunk5.jpg

Old 06-18-2004, 05:35 PM

battery & fuse install

280833-trunk4.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom G35 Coupe Stereo Install (Alpine & Infinity