Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Stereo Installed Now My A/C doesn't Work??? HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stereo Installed Now My A/C doesn't Work??? HELP

Since I've gotten my stereo installed my A/C doesn't seem to be blowing as cold of air as it used to. Is it possible my installer put it back together and forgot to plug something major back in? I live in South Carolina and it's almost 100* here today, this really sucks!!! I called him on his day off today, and he said he'll take the dash apart again and see if he forgot to plug something back in. But he says it's unlikely he did.

Any suggestions? Or has this happened to anyone else.

And has anyone noticed not as smooth shifting with their Automatics after an install job? Just curious, it might be in my head.

Old 06-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Stereo Installed Now My A/C doesn't Work??? HELP

look at the DIY for the dask kit conversion... it says to turn on your A/C before putting everything back together... didnt you give your installer this DIY?? he missed a step!

04/BO/G/aero/splash/prem/perf/cc/22%tint

Old 06-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

Either 1 of 2 things happened....

1. Your installer didn't correctly reconnect the AC plug behind your dash during the install. Like I said in my DIY, the disconnect and reconnect is kinda tricky since there are 2 little retaining clips that need be clipped in properly.

2. The temperature sensor wire under the main dash disconnected somehow during the install. The temp. sensors are those little black disks on either side of your front window defrost vents on top of your dash. You have to have your installer reconnect this wire if this is the case.

My personal experience is that I didn't fully reconnect the AC plug so my AC would only run at 75 degrees. Once I reconnected the AC plug properly, my AC worked fine.

In terms of the temp sensor wire disconnect, this didn't happen to me so I don't know how to remedy this. There were a couple people who this has happened to.

Hope this helps....

docron1 aka joe

Old 06-12-2004, 02:57 PM

Thanks guys, I'll have him take a look at it Monday.

I love this site!!!

Old 06-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What does your outside temp. read? If it's normal, your temp sensor is fine. If it reads something like -30, then your temp sensor's been compromised. If that's the case, open your hood and take off your grill. You'll see a small sensor on the bumper area (near the horns) that has a orange/green/white wire coming out of it-- that's your temp sensor. Follow the wire up through the top left side of the engine bay (by the battery), then across the top to the AC hardware. From there, it passes through a grommet into the cabin. Replace/splice this wire, as it's most likely broken just on the other side of the grommet-- happens more than you'd think.

If it's not that, then good luck [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint
<font color=blue>Z-tube, Pop-charger, Borla True-Dual Exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit, GroundingGear</font color=blue>

Old 06-12-2004, 06:20 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

umm..... did your installer put in a new Headunit? if so... did they install the double-din dash kit from the jdm skyline in japan?????

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

Old 06-12-2004, 10:31 PM

Neither, I'm still using the stock HU for now.

Old 06-12-2004, 11:56 PM
Banned

so what did your installer do???

Old 06-13-2004, 12:07 AM

I added a Dave Navone LOC, some Boston Acoustics 6.5" speakers Pro Series, a 12" Shiva woofer, and 2 Precision Power Amps, 1000.1 and a 600.4.

Hopefully on Monday when I bring it in, it will just be that he has to turn that a/c on before hooking it back up!!! We'll see though, I'll keep this thread updated to how it turns out.

thanks again for all the replies and answering my questions, I really appreciate it.

Next, I just need to decide which darn headunit to get, and I have to just go ahead and pull the trigger on the KIT. It's just that $400 is sooo much $$$ for one!!!

Old 06-13-2004, 01:30 PM
Banned

yeah but put it this way... its only 1.05% of what you paid for the car! now it doesnt seem like alot of money, huh... ; )

Old 06-14-2004, 06:13 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

this seems simple...you didnt plug in your A/C harness...
There should be a total of 5 harnesses plugged behind the center console.
4 go to the 2 piece Headunits, and 1 goes to the large circuit board which is for the AC

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

Old 06-14-2004, 07:36 PM

The weird question about this is:

Why did your installer have to get behind the HVAC unit if all he did was install the LOCs, amps and speakers? If you're using the stock HU, there shouldn't have been a reason to disassemble the dash and unplug the AC harness. All the amp, LOC, speaker wiring is right there in the trunk....

UNLESS, your installer disassembled the dash to run NEW speaker wire to the front set of speakers but then again, your aftermarket front components are coming off the aftermarket amp huh?

Again, I don't know why the installer would have disconnected the AC harness in the first place....am I missing something???

docron1 aka joe

Old 06-15-2004, 12:23 AM

Well, I took it in today, and it took all of an hour of his time. He just missed that step to turn the a/c on before plugging it back in I guess. I really didn't have time to talk to him long, I was in a rush. But it works great now thanks again to this site.

Not sure why he took the dash off in the first place? Are you telling me to hook up the speakers and amps and LOC and sub, you don't have to take the dashboard off???

Old 06-15-2004, 06:16 AM

If you're not installing an aftermarket HU and doing the doubleDIN dash conversion, there should be no reason to disassemble the dash. This is why I was confused. Unless you installed a PAC Aux IN thingy for your stock HU, all the install of your stuff you listed happened in your trunk.

There is a wire bundle in the trunk which houses all the speaker wire, stock Bose amp wiring, etc. that one has to tap into to insert the LOCs, new amp. Then you can just run the stock speaker wires you initially cut in that wire bundle off your amp.

I hope your installer didn't charge you labor $$$$ for taking apart your dash for no real reason....

docron1 aka joe

Old 01-17-2022, 07:39 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I'm betting 72 hours before you edit your post for the scam/bot links...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stereo Installed Now My A/C doesn't Work??? HELP