Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Newbie Speaker and Radio Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie Speaker and Radio Install

Ok, I have read a lot of threads regarding Double DIN aftermarket installation and have a few questions. I've seen some great setups on here and have been amazed by the results. Here is what I am wanting to purchase:

1) Double DIN Pioneer AVIC-F90BT
2) New component speakers up front (6 1/2) + tweeter (perhaps MB Quart or Infiniti Kappa)
3) New 6x9s in the rear
4) 1 12" Sub in rear with custom mold (may do a 10")
5) 1 amp to power the sub
6) Wires, brackets and misc adapters (See question 2 below)

-Is there ANY source available that sells the double din kit with the DUAL button so I don't have to do any soldering / touch up work?
-Other than the double din kit, what other accessories will I need? (bracket, ac controller, Pac SWI-X, adapter to connect to the antenna, adapter to connect to the Sirius satellite antenna, etc)
-I'm already assuming I have to fill in a gap somewhere on the kit with some black foam or something similar
-Would the Pioneer unit be sufficient to power the component speakers and new 6x9s (I may get speakers that RMS 75-100).. although I'm not deaf and will probably only pump at most the maximum RMS that the Pioneer unit provides.
-Shall I bother with a 1/2 or 1 farad capacitor? Subs / AMP will prob be no more than 1000W (or would 500W be sufficient? I'm not looking for BOOM BOOM type stuff, just some really good bass)

If there are threads detailing these specific items please let me know. The sticky thread re: '05 DIN contains some great info but I am looking for a straight answer. Thanks all!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Riverside Infiniti, they have the JDM dash piece that you seek. They have them with and without the dual climate control button. You need to act fast on the one with the dual climate control button as they sell them pretty much as fast as they get them.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by gwilli3272
Riverside Infiniti, they have the JDM dash piece that you seek. They have them with and without the dual climate control button. You need to act fast on the one with the dual climate control button as they sell them pretty much as fast as they get them.
gwilli3272 is there a number / person I should talk with directly to request the kit?

Old 01-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Riverside infiniti is a sponsor on here... they'll likely just refer you to their webpage and order it off their page.
If you don't have the metra/bestkits wiring harness (xx-7550) pick that up as well as the (basic am/fm )antenna adapter.
since you're going with aftermarket speakers I'm going to say you're likely going to need 3/4"-1" spacers
Depending on the "quality" of the speakers I'd suggest putting an amp on them. it's harder on speakers if you underpower them. If you go with midrange speakers ($100-$250) you'll be alright but if you want to protect your investment speaker wise I'd put an amp on them.
Don't worry about the cap. I'm running focal 4/75 channel amp, an 800/1 sub amp, and I have no cap, and no dimming unless I REALLY get into a song, (max all the sub settings on the deck)

Old 01-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Uh, TroysG, a cap is not going to stop your head lights from dimming at all. You have to know that a cap is not adding more voltage to your electrical system but actually taking away. All a cap is going to do is help stiffin (keeping at a constant draw) as long as there is sufficent amperage coming from the alternator. If you are experencing dimming lights, look into the big 3 upgrade, or going to a high output alternator, but a cap is not going to be the answer at all. Not sure if you knew this or not from you last posting.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:58 PM
oh I'm aware, however if you DO have dimming it can help. since the cap stores energy and provides the system with the extra power it demands it puts less strain on the alternator thus HELPING with headlight dimming. The only reason why I wrote that previous post like that is because that's what most people believe it does and I'm getting tired of explaining it on here and to people in person.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got done 2 days ago putting in my DD and 2amps with components up front. Pm me if u have questions

Old 01-28-2009, 02:11 PM
What are the proper speaker sizes for the 8 speakers in the premium coupe package?

There are two tweeters and floor midranges up front, speakers in the arm/side area of the rear seats and two in the rear deck under the rear window.

Do people usually disregard the extra two speakers that come with the premium package? (the ones in the arm/side area of the rear) They look like a pain to get to.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:22 PM
ya they are a nightmare to get to. but so are the rear speakers. I didn't bother taking mine out. I just unplugged them. fronts are 6.5, tweeters are about 1.5-2" but most aftermarket tweets should fit with modification on the backside.
the rear speakers in my 04 were 6x9s, the mid rear speakers are 4"

Old 01-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks Troy. It sounds like the best bet for good audio and the least hassle is to proceed with the double DIN and only upgrade the front with some good components. Is there any reason why I shouldn't or can't plug in the four speakers from the rear? It seems like a waste to not have them running at all. It would be nice to have SOME midrange and/or treble coming from the back. How difficult was it for you to install the JDM Double DIN kit and attach all the proper AC controls? Also, besides using the Double DIN kit, did you install the Pac SWI-X adapater, antenna adapter, etc? Does the Pac SWI-X work with the bluetooth button on the steering wheel and a bluetooth-compatible head unit?

Old 01-28-2009, 04:55 PM
no worries bro.
The main reason why I don't have my rear speakers hooked up is because it causes some staging issues. I only have components in the front and sub in the trunk. when you're at a concert the music is always in front of you. I found with the rears hooked up it took a lot of emphasis from the front stage and just didn't sound right to me.
I hooked up my steering wheel controls with the PAC SWI-JACK (for kenwood), with my deck it automatically picks up for me after a couple rings as well as pauses/mutes what I'm listening to. So I don't know how the bluetooth button will work. it depends on the deck and it's remote if it has a bluetooth button on there. (once you read the instructions for the PAC module you'll understand about the remote

Old 01-28-2009, 04:56 PM
and the JDM kit for mine is different than yours. so I can't comment on it.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gwilli3272
check with them but i do not believe they have them with the dual button as i was recently looking for them. The solder mood is relatively easy to do, if you where close to me, i will help you with it. Any ways, i dont even know if this is too old or not, maybe i should have read the whole post before i posted.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Accidental
Do people usually disregard the extra two speakers that come with the premium package? (the ones in the arm/side area of the rear) They look like a pain to get to.
They're actually not that bad to get to. You do have to remove the interior paneling and back seat, but there are no actual fasteners on either. They all just snap in place. See my DD install thread for pics

Old 02-25-2009, 02:53 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Is PAC SWI-X the right model to get for the F90bt for a 05 g35x?
Also what kind of antenna adapter should i get? there are so many to choose from.
What type of wirring harness do i need? xx-7550 but what are the front numbers? does it matter?
thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Newbie Speaker and Radio Install