Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Annoying Start Up NAV Warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 12:55 AM
moe
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Annoying Start Up NAV Warning

I can't stand always pressing yes on the NAV screen when I start the car. Is there a way to bypass this dumb legalistic reminder????

Also, I love the trace feature that marks where u travelled. Helps finding ur way back once ur headed home. I just noticed it, maybe I pressed some buttons to enable the feature by chance!!!

03 Coupe(****/blk)K40,NAV,limotint
Me at Infiniti Dealer-"I'm doubleparked in my Gc,I need some brochures." As I walk out, they ask if I bought my car there. I respond, "I tried to, unfortunately!!"

Old 06-15-2004, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Annoying Start Up NAV Warning

there is no way out of the warning. in a BMW, you can download the canadian software to by pass it. but then everything is in Km, meters, and gas in liters.

as for the trace... it's only awesome until your wife asked you where the *&(* you went before coming home!!!!

2004 Blk/Graphite/6MT/Premium/Nav/Spoiler/XM/Splash/Formula1tint

Old 06-15-2004, 03:27 AM

Speaking of programs for the Nav, I heard there was one that lets you enter in addresses as you are driving. Anybody know about this and how I may get my hands on it if it does exist?

Heeeeellllllloooooooooo people.......

2003.5 Black/Black 5AT Fully Loaded w/ Navi
Clear Corners / Injen CAI

Old 06-15-2004, 11:24 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

yeah its posted somewhere on the forum, basically you have to do some wiring to the trunk-lock switch, or install your own switch.
You would press the switch to "trick" that navi into thinking that you are in Park.

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

Old 06-17-2004, 01:43 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Bypassing the startup screen is easy. All you have to do is remove the NAV unit, take it completely apart and find the points on the circuit board where the 'accept' button ties in. Connect each side of this switch to the contacts of a spst N.O. relay. Next, look around on the inside of the NAV unit and you will find the switch that tells the unit the screen is up (so that the screen isn't lit when it is down). Diode isolate the the output of this switch into a timing control module. This control module can be a generic control module, as long as it has about a 1/2 second on delay and then outputs a 1/2 second pulse. Use this output pulse to energize the relay mentioned above and you are set.

I'll post a DIY if I ever get around to it.

DISCLAIMER: I've never actually tried this. It might not work, but in theory it will. There is no such product in existance that I know of to dictate the timing I described above, it would have to be custom built (555 timer or ucontroller). I told you it was easy.....

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod
Procharged / Crawford / TS

Old 06-17-2004, 11:06 AM

If you can make a mod for this, you will have another money maker on your hands. I can't think of one person who LIKES pressing accept every time they start the car.

Old 06-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Money maker? Sounds more like a disaster waiting to happen! Very few people would actually be willing to uninstall thier NAV unit and then disasemble it to do the required soldering. Shipping the NAV unit is out of the question also do to the fragile nature of it. We have considered doing on-site mods, but we haven't even started on the hardware for it yet....

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod
Procharged / Crawford / TS