Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Valentine 1 Radar Detector..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valentine 1 Radar Detector..

Anyone running one of these in their G? I am highly considering purchasing one of these bad boys. Has it worked for you yet? I've seen them go on eBay but where is the cheapest place to buy one?

Old 06-30-2004, 04:20 PM
Re: Valentine 1 Radar Detector..

by far one of the best i've ever used

Old 06-30-2004, 04:27 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

i have one and it is pretty sweet.
Got mine from valentine1.com for $400.
Ebay has them for cheaper but you may get an older model. Not sure when the last update was but i've bought 2 in 2 years (for both of my cars) and they look a tiny it different but act the same

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

Old 06-30-2004, 06:29 PM

saved my **** about 5 times already. it pay for itself already.

g35mt

Old 06-30-2004, 07:18 PM

I love my valentine one. Defintely get the concealed display (one of my favorite features).

2003 G35c/5AT/BS-Graphite/Prem/Aero/Splash/NISMO sway bars/JWT Popcharger/Z-Tube/ValentineOne

Old 07-01-2004, 12:33 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had my V-1 since 1998. Tried a Passport 8500 for a week and still prefer my old V-1. I may upgrade with the next improvement to be Spectre invisible.

BTW, be careful buying a V-1 off e-bay. If it's stolen, Valentine won't upgrade it for you. All the serial numbers are on their database, and they'll even contact the original owner if someone orders something like a power cord or up-grade to confirm that it's not a stolen unit!

<font color=blue>[i]GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 07-01-2004, 01:05 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

dont get the concealed display....its useless. waste of $40. mine is collecting dust.

Cops around here dont care if you have a radar detector... i've gotten pulled over twice and they didnt say anything (not for speeding lol....got pulled over for drifting on turns while blasting music... lol)

Old 07-01-2004, 01:42 AM

I recently got one as a gift, and I had a few questions for the people familiar with the V1. On what settings do people leave their V1 on? For the time being i have mine on advanced logic for local and A for freeway driving. Suggestions?

Old 07-01-2004, 01:48 AM
Black 2004 G35 6MT, chrome wheels, black, still pristine

Suggestion: Just go 55mph in a 55mph zone and go 70mph in a 70mph zone. You'll NEVER get a ticket that way..... Beats any radar detector, and it's free.

Just messin' with ya.... I needs to gets one of them V-1's though - that way, I can go 57 in a 55..... I currently have a BEL... it's a 360-degree with all bands and laser detection. The problem with most radar detectors is that the laser detection is almost useless since they aim for the front license tag area. In any case, be safe and don't let the foot get too heavy --- it's toooo easy in these cars...

The Bamadog
BAMADOG.COM
2004 G35 Coupe - Black/Black 6MT - Chrome 7-Spoke Wheels - Aero Kit & Package w/spoiler - Tint - Alpine System - Body Side Molding

Old 07-01-2004, 08:23 AM

RamboRami, if your concealed display is collecting dust you completely missed the purpose. I am not concerned about cops seeing my radar detector. I wanted to hardwire my V1 at the top/center of my windshield (don't have wires hanging down for cigarette lighter), but then you can't easily see the status lights.

I had the concealed display installed on the left side of the dash near the VIN. This way I can see the V1 status by glacing left without even moving my head. I found it distracting looking up or down each time the V1 went off before. Much nicer setup than having a radar detector in the middle of your windshield using the cigarette lighter.

2003 G35c/5AT/BS-Graphite/Prem/Aero/Splash/NISMO sway bars/JWT Popcharger/Z-Tube/ValentineOne

Old 07-01-2004, 09:36 AM

Anyone know when the last update was - i got mine 3/03

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan (E-thing but Nav)
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner

Old 07-01-2004, 10:45 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

my concealed display is collecting dust because its useless.... i hardwired the main unit and tucked the flat phone/power-wire that came with the unit inbetween the dash and windshield (hidden) and around to the side of the passenger's door/dash and under the glovebox and tapped into the ciggarete lighter adapter.

It was easy to do, only 2" of wire is showing, by the windshield where the V1 connects

Old 07-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The reason I like the remote display is that without it, the V-1 lights up very conspicuously. On the highway, you then get a 'Conga-Conga' line following you consisting of a bunch of other drivers trying to avoid tickets by following "The guy with the fancy radar detector".[img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

The "line-of-sight" thing is the other reason.
<font color=blue>[i]GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 07-13-2004, 08:44 AM

I just did a little research, and the latest (2004) tests indicate that the Beltronics PRO RX 65 detector outperforms the Valentine 1 and is less money to boot.

I ordered one last night - my first detector.

While the BEL does not give you the bidirectional information that the Valentine does, it gives you something supposedly (?) more important, acording to the reviews I read - the ability to protect you from POP radar.

Might be worth checking out.

Hugely powerful yet with a liquid cat-like elegance. The car has it too.

DG/G 5ATc /LSD/Prem.

298438-My G35 Cool.JPG

Old 07-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YUP.... im looking into getting the bel. All the cops around my area just got the new radars exquiped iwth the pop mode, and i think that the bel would be a wise investment. And if u have ever seen something like these in action around turns or on highways, u'll know that they have MILES of range, so the slight differences in the sensitivity from the 8500 or v1 to the BEL on highways or something... are negligable.

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. soon to have 19" volk gt-c's and PIAA xtreme whites in the clearance and corners
Houston Texas

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Valentine 1 Radar Detector..