Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Fixing the g35 cd changer issue

Old 05-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My cd player took my 6 cd's hostage last week. Very interested in who knows how to fix this or what shop in OC, CA can fix this. If not then I'm gonna have to go with aftermarket parts.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bringing and old thread back to life.... My issue is that my stock HU doesn't READ any cd's

I can swap all my discs in and out and disc 1-6 ... doesn't matter if they are brand new factory made music CD's or what - it just can't read them. Give me errors...

Any ideas\suggestions? Anyone know if this is covered by warranty?
I've been looking heavy into getting a DD kit but I'm not sure if it would work with navi system?

ugh.

06 G35 coupe 6mt w/ premium + sound

Old 12-13-2010, 02:31 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Yes, it's covered by warranty. Even if you plan on replacing it, go make them fix it to make them pay for putting crappy radios in these cars. Then you can re-sell the refurbished one to somebody on this board, or have available for when you sell the car.

Your questions about nav+dd are all answered in my shopping/resource list sticky'd at the top of this forum.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My cd player went out. I spent $700+ buying the JDM dash kit, and nice Pioneer double din. I was on the fence about it the whole time as I hate aftermarket and love the stock radio in the g35.

got it all, found out it's complete fabrication to mount the doube din, no brackets, trim plate, no nothing and there's a huge gap. f that. returned it all.

signed up with XM for free 3 months, when that runs out buying $300 lifetime membership. so nice having perfect clear radio with no bullshit rerun commercials or same lineups.

I still miss my Deftones cds though. so I'd like to fix my cd player. or buy another. However if I buy another g35 cd player used,,, maybe it'll be broke too?

will any used g35 cd player work with my XM ? or will I have to find the code for it from infiniti to get it all to work?

I'd rather just fix mine.

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DOMO

Old 01-14-2015, 08:38 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by g35.silversurfer
My cd player went out. I spent $700+ buying the JDM dash kit, and nice Pioneer double din. I was on the fence about it the whole time as I hate aftermarket and love the stock radio in the g35.

got it all, found out it's complete fabrication to mount the doube din, no brackets, trim plate, no nothing and there's a huge gap. f that. returned it all.

signed up with XM for free 3 months, when that runs out buying $300 lifetime membership. so nice having perfect clear radio with no bullshit rerun commercials or same lineups.

I still miss my Deftones cds though. so I'd like to fix my cd player. or buy another. However if I buy another g35 cd player used,,, maybe it'll be broke too?

will any used g35 cd player work with my XM ? or will I have to find the code for it from infiniti to get it all to work?

I'd rather just fix mine.

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DOMO
There's no special radios for satellite. So long as you get the same year, you're covered.