Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Do shops do double din conversion? $$$?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do shops do double din conversion? $$$?

I have read through the double din conversion and stuff several tiems, and i am a little intimidated by it and have decided that iw ould rather just pay someone to do it insead of doing it myself. Would an audio shop be able to do this for me or would i have to go somehwere special that knows g35s really well or what? waht do u guys think would be the cost of GETTING this done... instead of doing it myself. i am thinking about getting a nav/dvd/cd/mp3 screen put in my dash was just wondering

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. soon to have 19" volk gt-c's and PIAA xtreme whites in the clearance and corners
Houston Texas

Old 07-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Do shops do double din conversion? $$$?

i went your route... anybody should be able to do it, its not very hard... a lil soldering involved also...

i had a popular franchised audio shop do it just in case they break anything... they broke a lot of $hit and theyre replacing it, under their warranty...

a mom/ pop shop would never guarantee installation. a shop broke something on my bro's convertible bimmer and denied doing damage. we got on their *** and MADE them pay for it!

be safe and take your car to a place that has insurance and deep pockets... i went to a couple of 'good guys' for installation!

04 / BO / G / aero / splash / prem / perf / cc / 22%tint
z-tube / k&n drop-in / Eclipse AVN