Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

A/C Won't Turn Off after Navi and Viper Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C Won't Turn Off after Navi and Viper Install

2003 G35 Sedan:

Well I had a Viper Alarm installed last summer and almost the exact same time I installed an aftermarket navigation system, so not sure where something went wrong.

Soon I noticed my A/C controls would randomly not work at all. When I turned the car on, sometimes right away and sometimes after a few minutes of driving, the A/C would turn on by itself, first at the lowest setting then over the course of 3 or 4 seconds it would slowly go up to full blast and none of the controls would respond at all, couldn't turn it off or lower the A/C. All I could do was close the vents.

Anyway I had this fixed after about 2 months of getting the run around between Infiniti and my installers (had it installed in Cali and I'm in Chicago now).

Then a couple months ago, someone broke into my car and stole my navigation system. A/C was still fine for a few months without a CD player attached.

Now just yesterday, took my car to Infiniti for some warranty issues (replaced the bulbs for the clock and the heated seat buttons), and all of a sudden the A/C is acting up again. Just like it was before, full blast with completely unresponsive controls.

You'd be surprised how Infiniti has absolutely no idea why this car does this, they were quick to say oh well you dont have a cd player in there, but it was fine before the service. Anyone got any info or advice?

So to break down the timeline:

1). A/C is fine before Navi and Viper Install.
2). Navi and Viper get installed, A/C starts acting up.
3). Installer finally fixes A/C, runs perfect for months.
4). Car broken into and Navi Stolen, A/C still working perfectly fine.
5). Vehicle (still w/out a cd player) serviced at Infiniti (Clock and Heated Seat Button bulbs replaced), A/C acting up again after the service

Last edited by sspunisher; 06-05-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:20 AM
wow 42 views and no advice BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMP haha, help me out people I'm burning gas driving around with my damn A/C blasting.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Sounds like your A/C controller is defective -- do you have the JDM kit or did you go the Metra route? The a/c controller can get fried if there is an electrical short (i.e. someone jacks your DDin radio or messes with the wiring back there behind the center console)

I'm not sure how it's related to the clock and heated seat button bulbs being replaced, but i know they have to remove some components of the center console to get to those things to fix them and wiring may have been jarred -- i.e. the main harness that connects the A/C controller to the receiving harness in the center console is very pesky and can fry the controller -- happened to me when in installed my DDin in my 2k6Gx.

I would disconnect the battery (this will be easy for you to do since you dont have a DDin radio right now, but you have a DDin opening that's allowing easy access to this a/c harness), then find the harness that connects the a/c controller to the vehicle, and disconnect it, make sure no pins are damaged, and then re-seat it (reconnect it) and reconnect the battery and try it.