Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

New and I have some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
New and I have some questions

Hi,
My name is colin, im 17 and i recently purchased an 03 g35 sedan. I did a DD conversion yesterday and it took a long time. After I finished that i made an attempt at installing my 2 12" Rockford Fosgate subs and my amp, The only problem is that after wiring everything im not gettinganything from the amp. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on troubleshooting to find the problem.

Thanks

Old 06-11-2009, 02:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Colin, welcome to the forum

Unfortunately, with what little information you've provided, I can only point you in some basic directions:

1) i presume the rest of the audio system is working the right way, correct? You hear the rest of the car's speakers working in all modes (CD, Radio, Ipod, etc)?

2) How did you wire up your amp? Gee, what kind of DD did you install? That'd be good info to help us help you

3) Where are you getting power from for your amplifier? have you tested this with a voltmeter to see if you're getting 12 volts to the amplifier? Do you have the amplifier well grounded?

4) How did you wire up the subs? Is your amplifier only powering the subs, or is it also powering the midrange and tweeters too?

5) Does the amplifier light come on? Did you tie in the amplifier turn-on wire correctly?

My questions and my advice is going to be vague, because your question was vague-- have to help, though.

Best of luck.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Hi Colin, welcome to the forum

Unfortunately, with what little information you've provided, I can only point you in some basic directions:

1) i presume the rest of the audio system is working the right way, correct? You hear the rest of the car's speakers working in all modes (CD, Radio, Ipod, etc)?

2) How did you wire up your amp? Gee, what kind of DD did you install? That'd be good info to help us help you

3) Where are you getting power from for your amplifier? have you tested this with a voltmeter to see if you're getting 12 volts to the amplifier? Do you have the amplifier well grounded?

4) How did you wire up the subs? Is your amplifier only powering the subs, or is it also powering the midrange and tweeters too?

5) Does the amplifier light come on? Did you tie in the amplifier turn-on wire correctly?

My questions and my advice is going to be vague, because your question was vague-- have to help, though.

Best of luck.
1 I did not replace the speakers and yes they work in all modes

2 I put in the metra kit which wasnt to bad with a single din pioneer Deh P6000 UB and i just wired my amp normally i guess

3 I am getting the power from the car battery and it is grounded to the chassis

4 The subs were prewired and the amp is only going to be powering the subs

5 No i think this might be my problem is there any way to test the turn on lead

Sorry for the lack of info but thanks for the help

Old 06-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would recheck all the connections from your headunit to your amp (Remote, RCA) and your power and ground connections as well. After that, check the inline fuse and the fuses on your amp. If all that is correctly connected and the fuses are good, you might have a problem with your amp. Actually, at that point, it could be anything.

Either way, good luck and welcome to the forum! Enjoy your G, bro!

Old 06-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Bigrose
I would recheck all the connections from your headunit to your amp (Remote, RCA) and your power and ground connections as well. After that, check the inline fuse and the fuses on your amp. If all that is correctly connected and the fuses are good, you might have a problem with your amp. Actually, at that point, it could be anything.

Either way, good luck and welcome to the forum! Enjoy your G, bro!
thanks
I actually dicovered my problem it was the turn on lead, it got wired incorrectly which also led to the signal booster not working but its all fixed now and the subs are really loud my only problem now is to find a way to stop everything from vibrating so much