Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

iPhone 3.0 stream music via bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 03:21 AM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
iPhone 3.0 stream music via bluetooth?

Anyone else try streaming music from their iPhone through the factory bluetooth with the new 3.0 firmware? I tried streaming after I paired up my iPhone 3G, but the little bluetooth icon doesn't appear while playing the music like it does with my bluetooth headset.

I'm assuming the factory bluetooth isn't capable of streaming music.... . Though I was messing around and called myself, the call went through my car's speakers like normal. I could hear my voicemail, so then I tried playing music while the call was still going on and I could hear my music playing in the background lol, though the sound quality really isn't that great. I was really looking forward to streaming my music without having to connect any cables ah well.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
some units cant stream music over bluetooth

the Kenwood DNX series does stream over bluetooth :woot:

Old 06-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Samething happened to me. I think the stereo Bluetooth on the iPhone does not recognize the car's bluetooth as stereo. I'm hoping some one comes up with a way to do this.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by silencer_0
Anyone else try streaming music from their iPhone through the factory bluetooth with the new 3.0 firmware? I tried streaming after I paired up my iPhone 3G, but the little bluetooth icon doesn't appear while playing the music like it does with my bluetooth headset.

I'm assuming the factory bluetooth isn't capable of streaming music.... . Though I was messing around and called myself, the call went through my car's speakers like normal. I could hear my voicemail, so then I tried playing music while the call was still going on and I could hear my music playing in the background lol, though the sound quality really isn't that great. I was really looking forward to streaming my music without having to connect any cables ah well.
Well tried on mine yesterday and it paired automatically

So if your deck is capable of playing bluetooth audio it works perfectly, however the bluetooth audio is only working on the Iphone 3G/3GS, if you have the first gen iphone it wont work,

Old 06-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
How's the sound quality of the music playing through Bluetooth compared to playing through an aux or iPod cable? Does it skip any?

Old 06-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by silencer_0
How's the sound quality of the music playing through Bluetooth compared to playing through an aux or iPod cable? Does it skip any?
well im still waiting for my ipod cable so i cant compared

as for skipping, there is about half a second of pause every meaby 5 min, nothing to bother really,

also sound quality is very near cd quality, tiny bit of static, but barely noticable, very listenable.

Anyway for me i was expecting lesser quality audio from bluetooth, overall im plaisently suprised..

Hope it helps

Old 06-22-2009, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by ballain
Well tried on mine yesterday and it paired automatically

So if your deck is capable of playing bluetooth audio it works perfectly, however the bluetooth audio is only working on the Iphone 3G/3GS, if you have the first gen iphone it wont work,

you have a stock deck? if so, how did you setup listening music from your iphone? can you provide a step by step? i mean do you have to press the phone/mode button on the steering wheel?

i have a stock bose 06 unit by the way.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:59 PM
you i do not have a stock deck, you need a comptatible after market radio unit to be able to stream via bluetooth,