Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Rear deck rattles in 07 G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear deck rattles in 07 G35

I was doing some searching and couldnt find the answer i was looking for. My question is if any of you guys know how to help with bad rattling coming from the rear deck of a non-Bose system? I have 2 12's in an enclosed box in the trunk which is where the rattling is coming from. It seems like a lot of the rattling is coming from where the Bose sub would go, and the third brake light.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:26 PM
so you've got 2 12" subs and you're worried about rattling... please my friend think before you complain about rattles.
But on a more helpful note - what you're going to have to do is either put down some dynamat or equivalent on the back deck. 99% of cars will rattle as you add subs. it's unavoidable unless you sound deaden your complete car.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:20 PM
I already know the obvious but...

Yes, i am aware of the obvious rattles that will come with installing subs thank you. I have had them in 3 cars before this and the rattles were nothing like i have now. One of them being a grand prix which i assume the G would have less rattles than. I am just curious if anybody thinks it might be because the bose cut out takes away from rigidity and is the vibration i am hearing. If i put my hand on the rear deck and apply a little bit of pressure, it goes away.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
yea i have 2 12s and it does the same thing. its annoying as sh*t. i have a temporary ghetto solution for this before u go sound deaden your trunk. i have a sedan so it might be diferent im not sure. but you should put something like a rag in between the rear window and the third brake light.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
^^ hahaha temp fix alright!!! get some tint and a black towel, and no one will even notice..

Old 06-26-2009, 03:42 PM
Ya i have a sedan too. I too have a temp fix on mine. I put some rubber weather stripping around the third brake light and painted it black so you cant see it. But the rattling is coming from the actual rear deck. I am think of throwing some carpet pad or something under there to dampen it.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonny35
^^ hahaha temp fix alright!!! get some tint and a black towel, and no one will even notice..
haha never said it was supposed to look good but it works ok, tint is soon to come its like a greenhouse in my g here in georgia i cant leave my car out for ten min. without the inside getting so hot it is unberable.

Ya i have a sedan too. I too have a temp fix on mine. I put some rubber weather stripping around the third brake light and painted it black so you cant see it. But the rattling is coming from the actual rear deck. I am think of throwing some carpet pad or something under there to dampen it.
can u post a thread on how u do this. it would be helpfull because as u can tell im no mechanic i dont really know much about that kind of stuff, it would be a lot of help because that rattling drives me f*cking insane

Old 06-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Sure it's pretty easy.

The first thing you need to do is buy some weather stripping. I attached a pic of it, i cant figure out how to post it in the thread w/o doing it from a URL. Anyway, once you get the weather stripping, paint it to the color of your interior with some craft paint. Then peel off the backing of the weather stripping. This part is easier if you have some help. Have somebody push down near the 3rd brake light and slowly slide the stripping in between the window and the 3rd brake light. If parts are sticking out grab a flat head screwdriver and gently push it down.

Attached Thumbnails Rear deck rattles in 07 G35-dsc05014-edit.jpg   Rear deck rattles in 07 G35-dsc05012-edit.jpg