Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

What kinda speakers you all running?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
Couple reasons. 1...I guess I wasn't thinking of using the crossover since that's using a passive setup and I refuse to go that route and will only go with an active setup, where I use an external crossover or processor to set my points and slopes.
That is all you had to say in bold...thanks for the response though...

You can set the high and low pass for the tweeters in the crossover and do the same on the amp so you will get different variables going to the tweeter vs. the speaker on the same channel coming from the amp...

I am currently running two pairs of Boston Pro 60s with tweeters for each on a 4 channel amp and I have all the adjustments available (left/right/front/rear/sub). They sound amazing and it would be overkill if I got another four channel amp to run just the tweeters.

The tweeter and the mid should both wire to a crossover and the crossover should wire to one channel of the amp. However, if you do a bi wire hook up, you will need four channels to run the tweeter and mid to seperate channels.

Wannabe6MT, just wire your tweeter and mid to the crossover and run the crossover to ONE channel of the amp...

Last edited by Bucszilla; 07-02-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:55 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Thats what ill probably end up doing.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:34 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Bucszilla
That is all you had to say in bold...thanks for the response though...

You can set the high and low pass for the tweeters in the crossover and do the same on the amp so you will get different variables going to the tweeter vs. the speaker on the same channel coming from the amp...

I am currently running two pairs of Boston Pro 60s with tweeters for each on a 4 channel amp and I have all the adjustments available (left/right/front/rear/sub). They sound amazing and it would be overkill if I got another four channel amp to run just the tweeters.

The tweeter and the mid should both wire to a crossover and the crossover should wire to one channel of the amp. However, if you do a bi wire hook up, you will need four channels to run the tweeter and mid to seperate channels.

Wannabe6MT, just wire your tweeter and mid to the crossover and run the crossover to ONE channel of the amp...
There's a reason why the crossover has individual inputs and outputs. I guess not having the ability to fade left and right isn't an issue. What do I know though? I guess going through 6+ setups in 2 months means nothing and the people that tune their setups have no clue when it comes to wiring up speakers to an amp. If you want just sound it will work, if you want it to be a proper setup, good luck.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not saying you are wrong Donpisto, I'm pointing out that the OP doesn't want to spend $ on another 4 channel amp...he just wants it to sound good but not elite. I like quality sound too but I will not spend $300+ on another amp just to dedicate it to tweeters. My system sounds remarkable as it is and another amp for the tweeters IMO would be a waste of money.